SOLD- Martin 0X bamboo soprano

EDW

Reaction score
Martin 0X soprano uke. This is one of the HPL Martins in the soprano size, which has been discontinued. It is in excellent condition, no issues or problems and a joy to play. These are fantastic sounding instruments with great action and intonation with Martin quality and attention to detail. It can easily serve as your main instrument and is also a great instrument to leave around or to travel with. It is really solid and can probably withstand all kind of abuse with no worries (if that is your kind of thing). $200 shipped to US addresses with a gator gig bag. Send me a personal message if interested

IMG_1071.jpegIMG_1072.jpeg

You're killin' me, EDW !! A great value on a great uke! I just can't make a move right now, but I'm betting this will go fast!
That has you written all over it Bill. Break open your piggy bank ! That price and shipped. Good deal I think, Not my size. ( I had a bamboo and gave it to a friend - he uses it a lot ) It should hold up to environmental changes and be durable - good go everywhere uke.

Eat some rice cakes or peanut butter and jelly a few weeks and by that uke . ;)

With all these comments about what a great instrument it is, you may make me reconsider! :unsure:

I use it in C and find it really good (and I am quite fussy about tuning). It has their compensated bridge

That has you written all over it Bill. Break open your piggy bank ! That price and shipped. Good deal I think, Not my size. ( I had a bamboo and gave it to a friend - he uses it a lot ) It should hold up to environmental changes and be durable - good go everywhere uke.

Eat some rice cakes or peanut butter and jelly a few weeks and by that uke . ;)
Hahahahaha Tin Ear! I've been making a valiant effort these past few months to "shut off the intake valve", so I must reluctantly let this one go! :giggle:

I have the OXK soprano of this ukulele (basically the same HPL as this, just a different pattern) and it is a wonderful instrument. GLWS!

Hahahahaha Tin Ear! I've been making a valiant effort these past few months to "shut off the intake valve", so I must reluctantly let this one go! :giggle:
Shut off the intake valve for food or ukes ? Always room for one more uke even when there is not. If its ukes that have been shut off on the intake valve , you can always purge later.

Uke diets never work.....I just bought my fourth Pono tenor even though I didn't need it. If this one catches your fancy I'd say grab it.

Some soprano player should scoop this up. Looks like a nice one to go anywhere with. And a gator gig bag too ! Nice buy for the right person.

I own one of these, and have been very pleased with it. It's perfect for travel, or as EDW stated, can serve as a main instrument. Not the lightest uke on the block, but overall tonal quality can still go head to head with many top end soprano's. I was surprised when Martin removed this one from their line up. Whomever snaps this up will be very happy indeed! GLWS!

Last edited:
...Not the lightest uke on the block, but overall tonal quality can still go head to head with many top end soprano's. I was surprised when Martin removed this one from their line up.....
Yes, it is a little heavier, but not uncomfortably so. It balances well, so I never notice when I am playing it. Playability is top notch and the sound is very pleasing. I also was surprised to see that Martin discontinued these and the 0XK soprano.

I own one of these, and have been very pleased with it. It's perfect for travel, or as EDW stated, can serve as a main instrument. Not the lightest uke on the block, but overall tonal quality can still go head to head with many top end soprano's. I was surprised when Martin removed this one from their line up. Whomever snaps this up will be very happy indeed! GLWS!

Weight is less than 1 pound. Maybe a little heavier than top quality solid wood ukuleles, but still lighter weight than the made-in-China laminates.

I was surprised when Martin discontinued the soprano 0X models as well, but now that they have started making concert-scale 0X, maybe the soprano version will come back.

FYI- this is still available as the interested party has not followed up.

BTW- I have had a couple of inquiries from other countries, but at this time I would prefer to try and sell it in the US

Interested. I'll message you . And I do live in US

Still waiting for a new home!

Ed is great to deal with folks, and this is a strong deal for a good uke.

Top Bottom