Separate forum for "Frequently asked Beginners Questions"

PhilUSAFRet

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I think this forum would allow beginners to review questions that have been asked a hundreds of times each (or more) and the excellent answers that have been given over, and over again.

I like this idea too. But realistically, I have a feeling that if it existed, it would still not weed out all the "Help with Bb/E chord!" type questions. That's basically what the Stickies are supposed to do, but people skip over them and post their questions anyway.

Isn't that the idea of exisiting "Ukulele Beginners" forum? Maybe the name should just be modified a bit.

The same questions will always be asked regardless of what forum it's in. We ask newcomers to read the FAQ as well as the stickies as they provide a lot of info. We also ask to use the search feature and I recommend using Google Search with the following parameters [site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum] followed by whatever subject you're searching for [ex: strings, Kamaka, etc. It should look like this [site:ukuleleunderground.com/forum favorite strings]. I think members are more comfortable when they get a reply from someone and the folks here don't seem to mind posting a response. It's also good to have the same answers from a different perspective or explained in a different manner.

Our Moderators are very beginner-friendly, patient and supportive.

Yes, we constantly get the same or similar questions all the time, but noobies don't know and really want someone to help them out. This gives other noobies the opportunity to chime in and share the Aloha they received when they asked the same question and got some Aloha from another UU Member!

I hope this spirit of Aloha always characterizes the UU family. I realize that many (if not all) of the answers reside somewhere in the threads/forum, but isn't it wonderful how the UU Ohana immediately welcomes and supports the noobies who step out in faith and send in their questions?

I really appreciate how our Members, and especially the Moderators (who may be conspicuous by their silence), let the UU Forum live in the questions and answers and comments of the active online members. I think that's what keeps UU alive and well. Post your question and get an honest and substantial reply. See a question and feel free to share what you've been learning. What a wonderful OPEN Forum.

Thanks Mods and generous and loving UU Ohana!

Keep uke'in' everybody!

Really, this is one of the best forums I've ever joined. And the people are just the nicest!

Our Moderators are very beginner-friendly, patient and supportive.

Yes, we constantly get the same or similar questions all the time, but noobies don't know and really want someone to help them out. This gives other noobies the opportunity to chime in and share the Aloha they received when they asked the same question and got some Aloha from another UU Member!

I hope this spirit of Aloha always characterizes the UU family. I realize that many (if not all) of the answers reside somewhere in the threads/forum, but isn't it wonderful how the UU Ohana immediately welcomes and supports the noobies who step out in faith and send in their questions?

I really appreciate how our Members, and especially the Moderators (who may be conspicuous by their silence), let the UU Forum live in the questions and answers and comments of the active online members. I think that's what keeps UU alive and well. Post your question and get an honest and substantial reply. See a question and feel free to share what you've been learning. What a wonderful OPEN Forum.

Thanks Mods and generous and loving UU Ohana!

Keep uke'in' everybody!

Well put, I don't really like the idea of a listing of Beginner Frequntly Asked Questions, it could take away the interaction that makes UU so cool. The commonly repeated questions keep discussions going and give new folks a chance to share their knowledge and gain a reputation here. It seems almost everything ukulele has at some point been discussed here and it could all be put into some sort of a database form, but what's the fun in that.

Well put, I don't really like the idea of a listing of Beginner Frequntly Asked Questions, it could take away the interaction that makes UU so cool. The commonly repeated questions keep discussions going and give new folks a chance to share their knowledge and gain a reputation here. It seems almost everything ukulele has at some point been discussed here and it could all be put into some sort of a database form, but what's the fun in that.

I agree 100%. Remember folks.....we ALL started at the beginning, and somebody took the time to teach us or show us or tell us about the ukulele. Time to pay it back and spread the Aloha!!!

Absolutely! This is a great forum, I've learned a lot here (even though my playing doesn't show it), and I'm happy to pass it on, no matter how many times the question comes. (Of course, after the SAME person asks the same question three times, I question him/her.)

Top Bottom