Seeking uke sheet music to Ain't She Sweet

bunnyo

Reaction score
Hi all,

I'd like to learn Ain't She Sweet for a uke (it's Luna, my pup's, song). I see you tube has a Beatles tutorial, but I'm not that fast yet. I'd also like some advice on how to bar a chord properly.

Suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Bunny

Hi all,

I'd like to learn Ain't She Sweet for a uke (it's Luna, my pup's, song). I see you tube has a Beatles tutorial, but I'm not that fast yet. I'd also like some advice on how to bar a chord properly.

Suggestions?

Thanks so much,

Bunny
Bunny-- hop on over here. It's a quirky little song with a bunch of chords and changes, but you may enjoy the challenge! https://ozbcoz.com/Songs/song.php?ID=1611,soprano

Attachments

• hawaiian-d7-ukulele-chord.png
    hawaiian-d7-ukulele-chord.png
    18.6 KB · Views: 1
If you want a challenge

I see you tube has a Beatles tutorial, but I'm not that fast yet.

YouTube has a button to slow down or speed up videos (without changing pitch). A good learning speed is 3/4 (or 1/2).

I'd also like some advice on how to bar a chord properly.

Suggestions:
. Reach the fret hand further around so that it’s easy to use the strong base of the finger instead of the weaker finger tip
. It’s easier to get a clean tone using the boney finger edge instead of the fleshy finger pads
. Instead of a death grip squeeze, let the fretting fingers tug gently towards your chest
. Reach around bonus is that the non barre fingers will curl around to fret with more finger tips and less on finger pads, which means cleaner tone.
. Allow yourself to shift your reach to accommodate different chords.

cheers

Here's how I play it:
AIN'T SHE SWEET - Milton Ager

Intro: C / E7 / |A / A7 / |D7 / G7 / |C / G7 / |

C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / | C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / |C / E7 / |A / A7 / |D7 / G7 / |C / G7 / ||
C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / | C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / |C / E7 / |A / A7 / |D7 / G7 / |C / C7 / ||
F9 / / / |E9 / F9 / |C / / / |B / C / | F9 / / / |E9 / F9 / |C / / / |F7 F#7 G7 / ||
C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / | C / Gdim / |Dm / G7 / |C / E7 / |A / A7 / |D7 / G7 / |C / / / ||

Gdim
can be played 0101
F9
is 2333
E9
is 1222,
F7
is 2313, F#7 is 3424, G7 is 4535
If the bridge is a problem, try this simplified one:

F / / / |/ / / / |C / / / |/ / / / |F / / / |/ / / / |C / / / |G7 / / / |

Sorry about the acrylic nails clicking on the top of the uke.

Last edited:
I like

Top Bottom