Seasonistas general thread: yakking, joshing, news and pictures

How does that work for those of us who remain predominantly 'unlisted' on YT and only share our music on UU ?

Last edited:
How does that work for those of us who remain predominantly 'unlisted' on YT and only share our music on UU ?

Why would it change a thing? Anyone who has the playlist link will be able to watch what's public.

I'm only extending the song challenge to an outside ukulele group so others can join in if they want to.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this forum being private seeing as I've invited other uke players before.

Why would it change a thing? Anyone who has the playlist link will be able to watch what's public.

I'm only extending the song challenge to an outside ukulele group so others can join in if they want to.

And correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't remember this forum being private seeing as I've invited other uke players before.
Yep you've made some fair points. I suppose that Just means more fans camping outside my home and more autographs to sign

Hi ukers,
Just want to remind you that this weekend is the last chance to submit a song for my "For your ears only" contest! It runs for March only.
If you want to use multiple tracks but dont know what to do about the video, fear not! That contest is audio only, there is no video 😆

Happy 80th birthday Jim Yates (@Canada Jim)! As a kind of a birthday message I recorded this song that I learned from a Maple Leaf Champions Jug Band CD that he kindly gave me. It was either as a seasons prize or when I visited last year, I can't remember which. Either way, I'm sure you won't be getting into this kind of trouble today :).

I just posted my first SOTU entry for season 632, so I suppose I'm officially a Seasonista and can now participate in this thread!

My takeaways from my entry were:
1) It was really fun to consider, listen to, and experiment with potential songs throughout the week.
2) Actually practicing and recording my entry took much longer than I anticipated.
3) I did a multitrack submission, which I know is allowed, but haven't seen many people do. This was really fun for me, but it was extremely challenging. I don't think the end product reflects the effort because I was getting fatigued from playing the tracks over and over on each instrument. Is this why not too many people do this?

Last edited:
I just posted my first SOTU entry for season 632, so I supposed I'm officially a Seasonista and can now participate in this thread!

1) It was really fun to consider, listen to, and experiment with potential songs throughout the week.
2) Actually practicing and recording my entry took much longer than I anticipated.
3) I did a multitrack submission, which I know is allowed, but haven't seen many people do. This was really fun for me, but it was extremely challenging. I don't think the end product reflects the effort because I was getting fatigued from playing the tracks over and over on each instrument. Is this why not too many people do this?
welcome aboard Shaw! great that you've joined in! looking forward to listening to your song. 🙂

I just posted my first SOTU entry for season 632, so I suppose I'm officially a Seasonista and can now participate in this thread!

Welcome Shaw! I haven't heard your debut yet, but I am looking forward to it.

I love the multitracking entries that many Seasonistas bring, and I would like to bring a proper one myself, eventually.

Welcome! I will make a point to check your song out.

The last multi track video I did took over 8 hours of planning, recording, and production. I love doing it, but I can’t justify that time investment in a given week on a regular basis.

I’m really enjoying recording simple instrumentals with minimal production lately. I actually have participated more frequently because of that change, embracing a simpler approach.

Again, I love multi track productions! I intend to do some in the future. But the heavy lifting, for me, is why I only do them infrequently.

🙂

I’m sorry I have not been keeping up with all the videos lately. My son Tim is still very ill, and had to be rushed to the emergency room yesterday. His third time in septic shock over 18 months. It looks like he will make it through again, but they still haven’t tracked down the cause of the recurring infections.

I so appreciate all the love and support from my fellow seasonistas, and the underground community as a whole.

Much love to you all!

I’m sorry I have not been keeping up with all the videos lately. My son Tim is still very ill, and had to be rushed to the emergency room yesterday. His third time in septic shock over 18 months. It looks like he will make it through again, but they still haven’t tracked down the cause of the recurring infections.

I so appreciate all the love and support from my fellow seasonistas, and the underground community as a whole.

Much love to you all!
This must be so difficult to cope with, Tom ... all best wishes to you and your family!

I’ve heard of durian before, I’ve never seen it in the UK so never tasted it. I believe well known Birmingham New Romantic band Durian Durian were named after it. Great clip Chris and Joo, what a good sport Chris is.
Don’t let Del know you think one of his favourite 80’s bands were a bunch of stinkers!

Top Bottom