Review- Pono Baritone Ukulele (MB)

Another great review. It sounds really nice and the simple design is classy.

I have an older Pono Mahogany Baritone that I just love love love. It sounds so nice, and I use it often.

Mine is a yellow tag "Made in Java and Hawaii" era Bari with a BA- designation and no serial number.

It's simple and clean and sounds like a parlor guitar. Really big and full sound. I never though I'd like playing a baritone but this gem changed my mind...

I use it to transpose songs into a key that works better with my vocal range. I just play normal GCEA cords as if I was playing my Pono tenor (which I also love!) if the song need to be brought to me for singing with my best sound. It's weird but easy... and it avoids having me playing with a capo on, which is also weird...try it sometime!

Thank you for the review Vic. I missed this previously and happened across it today when checking prices as I was considering selling my MB (made in 2021). After listening to you play and your review itself (twice) I think I am going to hold onto this one for now.

I've had mine for a year now and just haven't bonded with it. If the MB felt as good in the hand as my KA-B while sounding as yours did I would consider it my one and only lifetime baritone. Tried 6 or so different string sets and will try the Worths when the current set of Alohi's wear down or I tire of them.

Your reviews are very much appreciated indeed.

Thank you for the review Vic. I missed this previously and happened across it today when checking prices as I was considering selling my MB (made in 2021). After listening to you play and your review itself (twice) I think I am going to hold onto this one for now.

I've had mine for a year now and just haven't bonded with it. If the MB felt as good in the hand as my KA-B while sounding as yours did I would consider it my one and only lifetime baritone. Tried 6 or so different string sets and will try the Worths when the current set of Alohi's wear down or I tire of them.

Your reviews are very much appreciated indeed.
Thanks Charles. Glad it was helpful.

I have one baritone uke left. It is that Pono MB. Definitely a keeper.

Top Bottom