Re-entrant

PTRarch.

Reaction score
Hi all!

Used to be here some odd years ago (about a decade), found my way back.
I'm Peter, an architect from Belgium.
I still got my uke-collection from back in the day, and a few new ones to motivate me in trying to get back up to speed with playing.

All excuses are good excuses I guess 😉...

Hi Peter, Welcome back to the ukulele. You were lost, but now you're—rolling up your sleeves and getting back to making music.

It's wonderful that you held onto your ukes and have acquired some new ones to rekindle your interest.

Is there an active ukulele scene in Belgium? Playing with others always makes my learning and playing more fun.

Have fun!

Welkom bij UU, Peter! (Op basis van je voornaam ga ik ervan uit dat je uit Vlaanderen komt. Indien je uit Wallonië komt zeg ik Bienvenue!)
Groeten uit Engeland van een uitgeweken Belgische.

Hi Peter, Welcome back to the ukulele. You were lost, but now you're—rolling up your sleeves and getting back to making music.

It's wonderful that you held onto your ukes and have acquired some new ones to rekindle your interest.

Is there an active ukulele scene in Belgium? Playing with others always makes my learning and playing more fun.

Have fun!
Thanks!

Rolling up my sleeves indeed: I found myself struggling through Uncle Rod's pages again...
15 years ago, I made up a "practice-routine" based on his boot-camp (I even kept those handwritten notes!) and I dug it up just for fun - and now also sore fingers 😁.

There is not really a "scene" as far as I know (there was a little back then), but again, after 10-odd years that's all to be rediscovered. I live in the same place as Jan De Smedt, Belgium's most famous 'ukulele-player and custodian of the Ukologic Museum, so there is a chance.

OTOH, I feel just fine noodling on my own. Best way to turn of the daily buzz and get lost in plucking and strummming. Before you know it, 2 hours have passed - hence those sore fingers again 😁...

Last edited:
Welkom bij UU, Peter! (Op basis van je voornaam ga ik ervan uit dat je uit Vlaanderen komt. Indien je uit Wallonië komt zeg ik Bienvenue!)
Groeten uit Engeland van een uitgeweken Belgische.
Gefundeerde goeie gok!
En een Vlaamse "merci" 😉.

¿Hola Corinto, cómo estás?
y bienvenido!

Groetjes terug!

Top Bottom