on the tenor Magic Fluke and fingerpicking

I agree that the Fluke is more "punchy", while the AMM is more "rounded" in the tone. While I would call neither "typical ukey" in their sound, I find the Fluke a bit more ukey in that aspect.

I also recorded Birds and Ships on the AMM, which in some folky ways suits it better. It is not a fair comparison, since this is recorded outdoors, but perhaps better than no comparison.

I agree that the Fluke is more "punchy", while the AMM is more "rounded" in the tone. While I would call neither "typical ukey" in their sound, I find the Fluke a bit more ukey in that aspect.

I also recorded Birds and Ships on the AMM, which in some folky ways suits it better. It is not a fair comparison, since this is recorded outdoors, but perhaps better than no comparison.

many thanks for your help! ;)
what strings do you have on the AMM3 ?
Worth Brown Low G too ? Does the unwounded low G into the nut of the AMM3 ?

Last edited:

I love the performance! really amazing. Do you have the sheet for the fingerpicking?

I found some guitar tabs for open D tuning, using only the 3rd, 4th and 5th string.
With that tuning, it can be played on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th string of a low G uke, if you capo 2. fret. Or you can play a full step lower and skip the capo.

It looks like the tabs have been corrupted since:

many thanks for your help! ;)
what strings do you have on the AMM3 ?
Worth Brown Low G too ? Does the unwounded low G into the nut of the AMM3 ?
Didnt see this post until now.

I had Worth Browns Low G on it, and didnt notice any problems. Then again, I didnt notice the action being about 3.5 mm at 12 th fret, and didnt understand why it was hard on my hands to play it 😆, so I could have overlooked problems of present.

Currently I have some Aquilas with a would low G on it, trying to embrace the classical guitar likeness of the sound.

Top Bottom