NUD

Nickie

Reaction score
Picked this up last night. It doesn't have any frets, but the seller said I won't need 'em. Haven't figured out where to put strap buttons yet, nor what to do with the long stick with some blond hair stuck to it....fiddle.jpg

Very nice! Are you an experienced violinist? Or is this a new venture?
I was learning at one time, but gave it up about 44 years ago after two accidents that resulted in a damaged finger and shoulder. I think it'll be fun, since I'm tired of just ukeing. I'm basically starting all over again.

Congrats, it's always fun to learn another instrument. Enjoy!

That's great Nickie. I hope you don't have to procure the hair for that stick thing directly from the source. Without getting kicked.

Have fun with it.

Well done Nickie. I think the "Uke Leash" would function well as a strap. Are you going to string in low G with a wound 4th string or go re-entrant 🤪

Keep fiddlin’ around with it, you’ll get it…

Picked this up last night. It doesn't have any frets, but the seller said I won't need 'em. Haven't figured out where to put strap buttons yet, nor what to do with the long stick with some blond hair stuck to it....View attachment 160354

Obviously, it's a "Second" - missing the frets. 😂

It's good that you got one of those hairy sticks with it. 😋

The bridge looks high and not properly tapered or it might be the angle of the photo. This can make a difference with sound and one can check bridge proportions online. Also. often the strings may have not been changed or inexpensive ones purchased which will also affect sound production; so another area for consideration. Otherwise, have fun and stay positive . Violin is both challenging and rewarding.

Picked this up last night. It doesn't have any frets, but the seller said I won't need 'em. Haven't figured out where to put strap buttons yet, nor what to do with the long stick with some blond hair stuck to it....View attachment 160354
What fun! Enjoy it. I'm sure it will be challenging, but keep it fun!

The bridge looks high and not properly tapered or it might be the angle of the photo. This can make a difference with sound and one can check bridge proportions online. Also. often the strings may have not been changed or inexpensive ones purchased which will also affect sound production; so another area for consideration. Otherwise, have fun and stay positive . Violin is both challenging and rewarding.
The photo is probably a bad angle. The strings are some of the best money can buy, for a student fiddle.

Top Bottom