NUD: Ortega Keiki Totem

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Read Baz's review of this - or just look at the expression on his face in the thumbnail. :D

I read this review after I had bought the uke, but it wouldn't have discouraged me. I won't be doing professional recording with this. I bought it because of the appearance. Keiki is a division of Ortega, and as Baz says, this is "a fun uke." There are several other designs, but this one grabbed my attention. It is somewhat similar in appearance to my Tiki Flea. I like the shape of the headstock and the way the design continues there. It has a wooden fretboard and metal frets, two things I like. I might put a similar graphic overlay on the fretboard. That "bubbly" finish on the body gives it some grip on the player's body.

I realize this doesn't suit everyone's taste, but I like unusual ukes, and I thought this one was cute.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Definitely looks fun, and that's what it's all about, right? Enjoy!

Watch out for those teeth. You could get a nasty bite! Fun uke Jerry.

Congrats!
It certainly won't get lost among the sea of ukes you own.

Yep. Those teeth could break a string.

Read Baz's review of this - or just look at the expression on his face in the thumbnail. :D

I read this review after I had bought the uke, but it wouldn't have discouraged me. I won't be doing professional recording with this. I bought it because of the appearance. Keiki is a division of Ortega, and as Baz says, this is "a fun uke." There are several other designs, but this one grabbed my attention. It is somewhat similar in appearance to my Tiki Flea. I like the shape of the headstock and the way the design continues there. It has a wooden fretboard and metal frets, two things I like. I might put a similar graphic overlay on the fretboard. That "bubbly" finish on the body gives it some grip on the player's body.

I realize this doesn't suit everyone's taste, but I like unusual ukes, and I thought this one was cute.

View attachment 141252

View attachment 141253
Do you sleep in the same room with that? I scared just looking at it on my PC.:oops:

Top Bottom