NGD - GS Mini mahogany

Ottertail

Reaction score
I absolutely love my Taylor 717, but she’s a heifer and not at all a couch guitar. She’s also rather precious and I don’t want to travel with ‘er. So after some hunting I found a nice looking mahogany GS Mini demo for $539 and one of those coupons for 10% off actually worked! All told $485 to my door, and near as I can tell there are no blemishes from its time as a demo. Didn’t take any time at all to adjust to the shorter scale from a full length, in fact “Shape of my Heart” is MUCH easier to work on with this shorter scale. It’s a nice small guitar that has a larger voice than you might expect for its size. I’ve seen streaked fretboards I like better, but I like this one too. Overall, I’m stoked!

9B90B0EF-31D4-462F-A1EB-3DFF37BD3BDB.jpeg

Last edited:
Congratulations those are some of the best sounding small guitars under $2K. I have a spruce/walnut GS mini and really enjoy it. I went back and forth and back and forth between the spruce and mahogany, both are winners.

Last edited:
I think you will grow to like it even more over time. It is a great guitar to take along with you when traveling and you have a nice guitar that you don't have to feel compromised playing. I would suggest the SKB-GSM case if you start traveling with it. Great protection at a decent price.

Congratulations those are some of the best sounding small guitars under $2K. I have a spruce/walnut GS mini and really enjoy it. I went back and forth and back and forth between the spruce and mahogany, both are winners.
I waffled too, but since my other guitar is spruce/rosewood, I thought I’d go for something different.

I think I’ve convinced myself I’ll be looking for one of these in January instead of a guitalele.

I love the GS minis! I've had the spruce, mahogany, and koa versions.
I currently have the Koa mini plus.
Congratulations, yours looks great!

Top Bottom