New Gold Tone Ukulele Tuned Guitar

oldjazznut

Reaction score
I just got the email. Tenor guitar size but tuned GCEA. 23 inch scale. $400 or $700. Lam or solid spruce top. Nylgut or steel string option on both. Has gig bag, hard case is available, $189.

Last edited:
I just got the email. Tenor guitar size but tuned GCEA. 23 inch scale. $400 or $700. Lam or solid spruce top. Nylgut or steel string option on both. Has gig bag, hard case is available, $189.

Maybe it's just a ukulele on steroids? 💪

a 23" scale concert???
If I could play that scale length I'd have a go at it. 🎸

Oopsie! I corrected that. What was I thinking, total concert length?

Actually, studying it more, the steel string version is identical to their tenor guitar except the tuning. The Nylgut version is also the same besides the strings and tuning, and probably the nut. There must be some difference in the GCEA setup or bracing on both.

Last edited:
Actually, I like the way they sound. I didn't see anywhere what strings they are using for the steel string version. I have a 23" scale tenor guitar I built about 5 years ago that I just restrung with a set of TI strings, but maybe I'll give the GCEA route a go when its time to restring.

Is the GCEA on this G3–C4–E4–A4 like a normal Low G uke or is it one lower G2-C3-E3-A3?

EDIT: I emailed Gold Tone last week to ask. Will update when I hear back. Listening to their demo video, it sounds to me like normal uke tuning (they play a high g and a low g).

Last edited:
Top Bottom