Narrow neck baritone?

malarz

Reaction score
I have a Pono UL4-2. I'd like to have a baritone with a narrower neck. The Pono neck is 1 7/16" at the nut. I'm looking for 1 3/16". Any suggestions?

I think I'd be willing to trade for a baritone with the same build quality as this Pono.

Thanks.

Is it the neck itself or the string spacing that is more concerning? If the latter, you could easily have a new nut made with closer spacing

Is it the neck itself or the string spacing that is more concerning? If the latter, you could easily have a new nut made with closer spacing
Thanks for that idea. I think most likely it is the sting spacing. How does this affect the string spacing at the bridge? Have you or anyone tried this approach?

Thanks for any more thoughts.

How does this affect the string spacing at the bridge? Have you or anyone tried this approach?
well, it doesnt. Spacing at the bridge is generally tougher to change. In the case of the Pono, I think you would have to replace the entire bridge at which point maybe it's getting to be not cost effective but you could contact Pono to see if they have any suggestions

Top Bottom