NAMM 2012: The "new" stuff from Ohana!

A couple more glamour shots! Eucalyptus back and sides, spruce top! Sopranos! Pretty pretty grain and a sweet punchy sound! They are in production as well and should be in soon! They sound great and have a nice little look to them! Also a picture of a tiple, just because, they are awesome!

IMG_5186.jpg

IMG_5188.jpg

IMG_5190.jpg

IMG_5191.jpg

oi Mim...if that combo spruce/cedar/rosewood model is for sale I want you to buy it for me and I will pay you immediately. And nup, I'm not kidding. I will play her and stroke her and love her and and and...aaaaarrrrrrrgghghhhh :p

Sorry to disappoint. Because this was not ready for the big Frankfurt Musikmesse a couple of months ago, even I haven't seen it. As Mim said, it is still just a prototype and we only have the one. It does look nice, doesn't it?

Sorry to disappoint. Because this was not ready for the big Frankfurt Musikmesse a couple of months ago, even I haven't seen it. As Mim said, it is still just a prototype and we only have the one. It does look nice, doesn't it?

Ken, these new models look really wonderful mate. That Nunes repoduction is superb, I remember it from a previous demo you shot in Frankfurt. Will the new eucalyptus/spruce model soprano be set up with friction tuners or geared ones...the above shots do not show the head...

Ken, these new models look really wonderful mate. That Nunes repoduction is superb, I remember it from a previous demo you shot in Frankfurt. Will the new eucalyptus/spruce model soprano be set up with friction tuners or geared ones...the above shots do not show the head...

If I remember correctly, it will have geared tuners, J. But I am not absolutely sure. I have one but it is packed away at the moment. I will be sorting through them soon for the Italian Festival. I will check it out for you and email you the answer.

The new models be in stock during July and August. They will hit stores when (and if) the stores order them. It only takes a few days to get them to stores.

Oh yes, stores are ordering them!... Well... at least my store is! And you know UR Mike is as well!

Then, another store came by the Ohana booth and I could not help but tell them why they should order Ohana rather than some of the other brands.

I love Stephanie too because I go down the line and point, "I need one of these, 2 of these, I am going to need 6 of these, oh, and a this..." and she remembers. Amazing, that woman is! Levi talked to Louis for awhile too and said he was the nicest guy he met at the show.

Last edited:
I haven't met Stephanie, but exchanged emails with her when I had a problem with the tuners on my Vita Uke (Thanks again, Ken, for helping me out with that!) She was amazing!

I've been trying to get my local music store to order Ohana ukuleles, but so far, to no avail. The only thing they are stocking are Kala and Makala, a single Martin and a single Epi Le Paul uke. (And when I explain that I buy my instruments elsewhere because he doesn't stock anything better, the response has always been "We don't stock them because no one wants to pay more than a couple of hundred dollars for a ukulele..."

But please, keep an eye out for that cedar/rosewood/spruce uke.... I know it is only a prototype, but I love the non-standard headstock, and the rest of the instrument just ain't too shabby. If I can afford one in the future.....

-Kurt​

At the Winter Germany show, Ohana showed a new concert pineapple. Is that one still in the works?

Last edited:
Does anyone have the price for the Cedar/Spruce?

At the Winter NAMM, Ohana showed a new concert pineapple. Is that one still in the works?

I've also been waiting (impatiently) for one of these! I even freeze framed the Winter NAMM video.

WOW these new offerings are absolutely stunning, as a long time (ok only 18 months) Ohana owner they have really upped the anti I am gob smacked by these beautiful ukes the wood grain looks amazing i to have fallen in love with the nunes type uke and also the grain on that eucalyptus one is gorgeous to, dam my UAS is now at fever pitch, i was contemplating a eleuke peanut that is going on the back burner now. thanks for the info mim.
Ken any idea when these will hit the UK and what the prices will be ?

WOW these new offerings are absolutely stunning, as a long time (ok only 18 months) Ohana owner they have really upped the anti I am gob smacked by these beautiful ukes the wood grain looks amazing i to have fallen in love with the nunes type uke and also the grain on that eucalyptus one is gorgeous to, dam my UAS is now at fever pitch, i was contemplating a eleuke peanut that is going on the back burner now. thanks for the info mim.
Ken any idea when these will hit the UK and what the prices will be ?

If stores order them before they are all sold, they should be here in the next month or so. However, all European stores set their own prices as they have to include shipping from California and VAT.

beautiful ukes, i don't own a Ohana uke maybe its time to have a dabble

Top Bottom