Metronome

Some people posted with similar info while I was doing this. I'll leave mine as is.

I read some posts about a metronome being too loud. I don't have that issue with my little ones. My first metronome was the standard Wittner pyramid, it was too loud for my needs.

I've got two Wittners, and a Japanese Nikko Hi-Mini. They are similar, both 4 inches high. I like the Nikko a little better, it has a recessed key you don't have to remove, with a clutch that keeps you from overwinding it. Unfortuately Nikko stopped making it, but they show up on eBay. There are Hi-Mini clones on eBay and Amazon with several names, I don't know if they work the same.

One of my Wittners is old enough it's marked West Germany. Still works as well as the other one.

1693078555900.png...1693079879753.png...1693079623964.png

Last edited:
Ok, now I have "MAS." My cool see-through mechanical is too loud for the apartment I'm in. 😐
Posting this thread prompted me to get one out. That reminded me that you can adjust the volume on a windup. On a hard surface like my desk it's louder. Set it on something softer to mute it. Like a book or a styrofoam plate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom