Price
$125.00
Shipping
Included
Size
Soprano

Captain Simian

Reaction score
Up for sale is a Mele banjo uke from the 1930’s. Metal body, wooden neck, non original friction tuners & bridge, and strung up with Martin fluorocarbons. Overall in decent shape with low, almost too low, action. The only issue is there is fret sprout on most of the frets. The uke is still very playable, but you will feel it. It’s something a competent luthier can take care of easily and probably cheaply. I unfortunately don’t know how to work on frets and living in a rural area, the closest competent repair shop is 200 miles away. FINAL PRICE DROP $125 via PayPal Friends & Family shipped in the continental USA only. If you have any additional questions please feel free to ask.
IMG_5039.jpeg
IMG_5031.jpeg
IMG_5032.jpeg
IMG_5033.jpeg
IMG_5034.jpeg
IMG_5035.jpeg
IMG_5036.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm surprised they would do that. I don't know how many they made, but the paint was an unnecessary expense for them. I wonder what the wood looks like.
I’m pretty certain that the neck is made from poplar, which is pretty boring looks wise. I think the neck was painted to make it look classier and to match the copper body.

Price is now $125 shipped and I’ll throw in a Magic Fluke denim gig bag.

Top Bottom