ideally included in price
Size
book size or even pdf

Eggs_n_Ham

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Author Jeff Peterson, respectively.

thank you for Daniel Ward's Arpeggio Meditations @Kenn2018 !! Working on undoing bad self taught habits!

Last edited:
Authors Daniel Ward and Jeff Peterson, respectively.
I just bought the Peterson book, and found that I wasn’t really gonna play it, so I’m returning it; and ordered his newly released Hawaiian book instead. The Peterson book is available on Amazon, so you should have no problem finding it. You can find the Daniel Ward book on his website.

Those are two wonderful resources. I have found both to be helpful. I spent my first year of playing working daily through Daniel's book. I have since passed it onto my grandson who now is a super player. And Jeff's work I have as a digital copy. I find it both inspiring and challenging. To quote an old movie . . . You have chosen wisely.

Those are two wonderful resources. I have found both to be helpful. I spent my first year of playing working daily through Daniel's book. I have since passed it onto my grandson who now is a super player. And Jeff's work I have as a digital copy. I find it both inspiring and challenging. To quote an old movie . . . You have chosen wisely.
Digital versions are available at Jeff's Ukulele Corner website. Amazon only has the paper books.

You could also order the Peterson book direct from Classical Guitar Corner Publishing to get a lay-flat spiral bound edition, not available on Amazon. It costs a little more and takes a week longer, but to me it was worth it.

I do suspect that Eggs_n_Ham is hoping that someone here may have one (or both) that they no longer wish to use, and then won't have to buy new, if it's not necessary to do so.

Good luck - I have both, but am using both, so I'm afraid I cannot offer either.

I have an extra "Arpeggio Meditations for Ukulele" by Daniel Ward.

Send me a message. (Private Conversation)

Is the Daniel Ward book for high G or low G? Can’t tell on his website.

Is the Daniel Ward book for high G or low G? Can’t tell on his website.
I believe it is for high G. But it works well with either. It’s the picking patterns and dexterity it teaches that are so very helpful. But as recall, his recordings that go along with it are played on a high g.

Not To be negative, but I have found that most of the classical repertoire to be not suited for ukulele. The transition to ukulele assumes all the beginner technical instruction from CG methods. I have been using renaissance pieces and techniques, but I studied classical guitar for about 10 years. Classical guitar technique is a fun rabbit hole to get lost in.

Look at Samantha Muir's web site, "I Love Class Ukulele". She just received her PhD and her thesis was on developing a method focused on teaching classical ukulele. She published "The Classical Ukulele Method" so you get the foundational training of classical ukulele technique.

Ed T

Not To be negative, but I have found that most of the classical repertoire to be not suited for ukulele. The transition to ukulele assumes all the beginner technical instruction from CG methods. I have been using renaissance pieces and techniques, but I studied classical guitar for about 10 years. Classical guitar technique is a fun rabbit hole to get lost in.

Look at Samantha Muir's web site, "I Love Class Ukulele". She just received her PhD and her thesis was on developing a method focused on teaching classical ukulele. She published "The Classical Ukulele Method" so you get the foundational training of classical ukulele technique.

Ed T
That's definitely an excellent resource for Campanella/ reentrant tuning. It's less helpful for linear, but the technique information that Samantha Muir presents is excellent (watch her videos and join her Patreon for Zoom workshops). My teacher is tending towards lute-style for my education, although without the plectrum.

That's definitely an excellent resource for Campanella/ reentrant tuning. It's less helpful for linear, but the technique information that Samantha Muir presents is excellent (watch her videos and join her Patreon for Zoom workshops). My teacher is tending towards lute-style for my education, although without the plectrum.
Technique, rest stroke, free stroke, scales in thirds, etc, is not limited by reentrant or linear tuning. Physical issues derailed my CG progress. I miss all that goes into CG.

The composers of the etudes all wrote methods to build the foundation of musicianship, to build the pedagogy of CG. Carcass, Carulli, Giuliani all contributed to the pedagogy of guitar.

I also recommend Tony Mizen’s arrangements, they are fun to play. In his introduction he gives information about the piece and the level of the arrangments. He also writes contemporary classical music, for different levels. I have his Arthropoda, which I enjoy very much. He also offers lessons on Zoom.

The composers of the etudes all wrote methods to build the foundation of musicianship, to build the pedagogy of CG. Carcass, Carulli, Giuliani all contributed to the pedagogy of guitar.

This sounds almost exactly like Jeff's course. He uses all of these adapted to the uke, so it's beginner to advanced.

I have almost all of his stuff digitally as they are included in his course, so no book to offer, but here are 3 pieces he shares for free on his website.

Attachments

• UCA Fingerstyle Solos.pdf
    2.6 MB · Views: 18
This sounds almost exactly like Jeff's course. He uses all of these adapted to the uke, so it's beginner to advanced.

I have almost all of his stuff digitally as they are included in his course, so no book to offer, but here are 3 pieces he shares for free on his website.
I have Jeff Patterson's graded repertoire book. In fact, I have too many books of classical guitar repertoire transcribed for ukulele and I have not gotten past the first piece in many books, and many books were too difficult.

I bet anyone can find a free PDF version of the Carulli guitar method. Interesting to read.

Technique, rest stroke, free stroke, scales in thirds, etc, is not limited by reentrant or linear tuning. Physical issues derailed my CG progress. I miss all that goes into CG.

Yes... I'm sorry, I think I misunderstood your original argument.

You could also order the Peterson book direct from Classical Guitar Corner Publishing to get a lay-flat spiral bound edition, not available on Amazon. It costs a little more and takes a week longer, but to me it was worth it.
Wish I would have known about this before I purchased the baritone book. All music books should be spiral bound imo.

Top Bottom