Living Water baritone strings?

LarryS

Reaction score
My baritone is currently strung dgbe re-entrant, from some mixed sets I had lying about. Only thing is the string I used for G is quite loose so there's buzzing there. I was thinking of getting a set of Living Waters, in dgbe re-entrant, unwound, but is the tension different in unwound strings?

Not sure about those strings. Perhaps someone else can answer your question directly. I had a similar problem with a baritone B string. I opted for a Uke Logic Hi Tension set and it helped the problem a lot. Still not perfect, but much much better.

I had to open a slot in my nut (that doesn't sound right) to install some Worth clear fluorocarbon strings. I love the way they sound and am not going back to wound strings...

I think you'll be pleased with the reentrant DGBE Living Water set, especially if your baritone has the longer scale length 20+". I have a 19" and I have it tuned up a half step. Mine also has the unwound low D string, which I like, but comes with more caveats

I think you'll be pleased with the reentrant DGBE Living Water set, especially if your baritone has the longer scale length 20+".
Yea that sounds about right. It only just fits in the case I was bought, though that could have something to do with the odd shaped headstock.

Ditto, Rusty...

I'm done with wound strings... those Worth Clears (heavy for me) are the best!

Top Bottom