LFDM owners/past owners, which wood combos did you'll try?

kerneltime

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Which top wood? back and sides? Woods for other parts did you’ll try? Has anyone tried the baritone or guitar?

As it shows in my signature I own 3 LfdMs. A tenor in Sitka spruce and Amazon rosewood. A 19" super tenor in sinker cedar and Myrtle. A baritone in bearclaw Sitka spruce and Bocote.

You asked what ones I have tried. I have been a customer and friend of Luis for about 8 years now. I live 15 minutes away from him and when he has some ukuleles completed he will give me a call and invite me to see them. So I have had the good fortune to play a lot of his instruments.

Last edited:
You asked what ones I have tried. I have been a customer and friend of Luis for about 8 years now. I live 15 minutes away from him and when he has some ukuleles completed he will give me a call and invite me to see them. So I have had the good fortune to play a lot of his instruments.
Wow.

I picked up this LfdM tenor from the marketplace late last year, Sinker Redwood over Cocobolo. It's loud, deep and articulate with a tone that reminds me of a fine classical guitar. They are outstanding instruments, and I concur with the observation that lattice bracing imparts a special quality to their tone. I wonder if the recent series of Pono lattice braced instruments was inspired by these wonderful ukuleles..IMG_4151.jpgIMG_4150.jpg

I picked up this LfdM tenor from the marketplace late last year, Sinker Redwood over Cocobolo. It's loud, deep and articulate with a tone that reminds me of a fine classical guitar. They are outstanding instruments, and I concur with the observation that lattice bracing imparts a special quality to their tone. I wonder if the recent series of Pono lattice braced instruments was inspired by these wonderful ukuleles..View attachment 151954View attachment 151955
Gorgeous

I picked up this LfdM tenor from the marketplace late last year, Sinker Redwood over Cocobolo. It's loud, deep and articulate with a tone that reminds me of a fine classical guitar. They are outstanding instruments, and I concur with the observation that lattice bracing imparts a special quality to their tone. I wonder if the recent series of Pono lattice braced instruments was inspired by these wonderful ukuleles..View attachment 151954View attachment 151955
Beautiful!

Top Bottom