Kanile'a Aldrine Guerrero Signature Tenor (Mint)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oddlyorange

Reaction score
This uke is now SOLD. Thanks for all your supportive messages folks.

US$2100 / Aus$2999.

This instrument has incredible clarity and tone. The tone wood is master grade curly koa which looks and sounds amazing. It has a maple rosette and black binding with an ebony fretboard and head plate. The Gilbert tuners are probably the smoothest and most accurate I’ve come across.

This instrument has hardly been played and is in mint condition with its original tags. I’ve re-strung it with Ken Middleton’s Living Water flourocarbon strings (re-entrant tuning) which really add to its clarity in the mid to high ranges.

I can sell this with your choice of hard case or a semi-hard case. The latter would be cheaper to ship of course (it’s lighter) but I would really prefer a local pickup if possible. I live in Brisbane, Australia and if you are local you are welcome to come and try the ukulele. If you can't do that but want to have it checked over before purchase, I can take it to our local ukulele dealer Morris Brothers Music for them to check it for you - https://www.morrisbrothersmusicstore.com.au

The specs from the Kanile’a website are as follows:

* Tenor 4-string `ukulele
* Master Grade Curly Koa body
* Solid Mahogany neck
* Ebony fingerboard, bridge & head plate
* Aldrine avatar sand inlay on fingerboard
* Aldrine signature sand inlay on head plate
* Black front & back binding
* Bird’s Eye Maple wood rosette w/ Black trim
* Kailua Beach Sand position markers & logo
* Traditional Thick Slotted headstock
* Ebony bridge pins
* NuBone nut and saddle
* UV Cured High Gloss body / UV Cured Silk neck
* Black Handcrafted Gilbert tuners with Ebony knobs and dots

Further info can be found here https://www.kanileaukulele.com/shop...y/proseries/aldrine-signature-model-sn-22831/

I can only post 5 photos on UU (and I'm sorry but I can't find a way to turn them the right way up!) but if you want to see more you could look at my Gumtree ad here: https://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/mor...rero-signature-tenor-ukulele-mint-/1260104787

The current retail price of these is US$3611 plus US$175 shipping which converts to around Aus$5300. Adding Australian 5% import duties, admin fees and 10% GST on top would give you a landed price of about Aus$6200.

I'm selling to downsize my collection in a (probably doomed) attempt to curb my UAS!

Attachments

• Flat shot.jpg
    Flat shot.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 169
  • Wood Grain.jpg
    Wood Grain.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 137
  • R quarter shot.jpg
    R quarter shot.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 116
  • UU Front Full.jpg
    UU Front Full.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 157
  • Tuners.jpg
    Tuners.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 120
Last edited:
Wow. Super crunchy curly koa. Good luck with the sale. Stunning

Wow. Super crunchy curly koa. Good luck with the sale. Stunning

Thanks. It's hard to capture the quilted look in photos, but does look pretty stunning with Kanile'a's UV gloss finish.

Beautiful instrument, oddlyorange - clearly substance to match the style. Lovely to look at, but in no way blingy.

The headstock and tuners alone would make me want it!

I've only been playing tenors for a year or so, having moved from being a committed sopranist. I wish I didn't have two relative new tenors or I'd be all over this!

Good luck with the sale - I cannot see it hanging around, other than it being in Oz, I guess. Perfect lockdown purchase!!

Ben
:)

Last edited:
Thanks Ben. Statistically it's probably unlikely I'll find an Aussie UU member who might be interested, but you never know....

I've not been playing tenor for long myself but it's definitely my preferred size for tonal quality and the extra real estate on the fretboard.

Cheers. Jon

Hi Jon

Statistics may be in your favour - I've just started looking for another quality uke and I'm in Newcastle. I was thinking more of a concert and probably at a lower price point, but this looks like a great instrument. I need to do a bit more research and get back to you

Cheers

Al

Thanks. It's hard to capture the quilted look in photos, but does look pretty stunning with Kanile'a's UV gloss finish.

Jon, that is an outstanding looking instrument. I love the curled koa wood.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but unless I'm missing something in the photos, it's not quilted. Which looks like patches of a quilt to the figure of the wood. Yours has beautiful curl and it's strong enough that I think it definitely qualifies as "flame." I mention this so you can use it in your descriptions. It's a major plus for buyers.

You can post more than five pictures by "replying" to your post and putting additional photos on the reply. The forum does seem to want to display the longest side horizontally. I think that's a default mode.

Fantastic ukulele. Best of luck with the sale.

Jon, that is an outstanding looking instrument. I love the curled koa wood.

I'm not trying to be pedantic, but unless I'm missing something in the photos, it's not quilted. Which looks like patches of a quilt to the figure of the wood. Yours has beautiful curl and it's strong enough that I think it definitely qualifies as "flame." I mention this so you can use it in your descriptions. It's a major plus for buyers.

You can post more than five pictures by "replying" to your post and putting additional photos on the reply. The forum does seem to want to display the longest side horizontally. I think that's a default mode.

Fantastic ukulele. Best of luck with the sale.

Hi. Thanks for that clarification - which was more helpful than pedantic! I do think that 'flame' is a better description for the wood and apologies if I used the wrong term.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom