Price
$765
Shipping
Included
Size
Tenor

Gordon777

Reaction score
Selling my Kamaka white label tenor, good condition with no cracks or major dings, just minor wear and strum marks. I don't know what year it is or its history, bought it from a private party a couple years ago. It is loud and clear and resonant like aged koa should be. The tuners are stiff to turn but I got the hang of it. The A string gets plinky above the octave, but first 11 frets on the A are good. It is priced so you can get a set-up if you want it but I've been happy using it as is. Price includes hard shell case but not the strap. I am down-sizing my uke collection, keeping a couple that have electonics, also my Fluke for travel.

Attachments

• kamaka1.JPEG
    kamaka1.JPEG
    143.1 KB · Views: 87
  • kamaka2.JPEG
    kamaka2.JPEG
    114.6 KB · Views: 82
  • kamaka3.JPEG
    kamaka3.JPEG
    105.4 KB · Views: 80
  • kamaka4.JPEG
    kamaka4.JPEG
    100.5 KB · Views: 84
  • kamaka5.JPEG
    kamaka5.JPEG
    87.1 KB · Views: 89
  • kamaka6.JPEG
    kamaka6.JPEG
    82.5 KB · Views: 89
  • Kamaka ID.jpeg
    Kamaka ID.jpeg
    104.5 KB · Views: 65
This is a fantastic price for a tenor; had I not recently purchased a white whale of a vintage deluxe model for a total steal, I’d have considered this one. Love it!

Do you know approximately what year this is from?

Do you know approximately what year this is from?
I don't. I know white labels were made from 1969 to 2001. I believe the earlier models had serial numbers and some had smaller tuners than mine, so late 70's to 2001. Maybe somebody else can chime in here.

My baritone which I was told is from the 70s has black (maybe ebony) but and saddle, and has friction tuners that look a little different. Mine doesn’t have the “washer” looking bits when it attaches to the headstock. Maybe that means yours is a lot newer! Hard to tell on these things…

Top Bottom