Kamaka standard strings for tenor scale?

ukeclass

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I don’t have a set on hand to test out right now, but does anyone know if the Kamaka standard/concert strings are long enough for tenor scale? (I feel like they should) I’m going to make the switch to black nylon for my class set next year, but I think my students will benefit from lighter tension. I think the hard tension tenor strings might be too much for the them.

Virtually every Concert string set I've tried have worked on Tenors.

Also, I believe I heard Kamaka strings are simply repackaged D'addario nylon strings.
I know for a fact that D'addario Concert nylon strings work on tenors perfectly.
I use D'addario Concert strings exclusively on Tenors. Tenor strings in general are too hard, not just for students.

Virtually every Concert string set I've tried have worked on Tenors.

Also, I believe I heard Kamaka strings are simply repackaged D'addario nylon strings.
I know for a fact that D'addario Concert nylon strings work on tenors perfectly.
I use D'addario Concert strings exclusively on Tenors. Tenor strings in general are too hard, not just for students.
I kind of thought the same. I actually like the tension on the tenor sets, although they do take their toll when playing for up to an hour and a half straight.

In the case of being the same as D’addario, it is very likely, however I know they’re not 100% the same sets because the gauges are different. They still could be produced by them since they string the Jake Blue tenor with D’addario high G clear nylons.

Top Bottom