Kala transit gig bag dimensions?

SkeeterAB

Reaction score
Hi all,

Does anyone know the interior dimensions of the soprano kala transit gig bag? I did extensive internet searching and could not find them. My soprano Pops Wow uke has dimensions similar to some KoAloha sopranos and it does not fit in some soprano cases.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Also, for those looking for a gig bag, the new transit gig bags with the new embroidered logo instead of the metal medallion are on sale.

Last edited:
Look here at the link to Sweetwater. They are great with providing dimensions.

I love my Kala Transit cases....I have two. I got both of mine from Sweetwater. Plus you get free shipping and candy with every order! :)🍬

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
I got one a while back and I found it very tight for a Martin soprano, which is not as big as many contemporary sopranos. I returned it because it seemed so tight that I was concerned that the pressure it placed on the top would damage the instrument.

I got one a while back and I found it very tight for a Martin soprano, which is not as big as many contemporary sopranos. I returned it because it seemed so tight that I was concerned that the pressure it placed on the top would damage the instrument.
Thank you. That is good to know.

I contacted them via their web page with a similar question about the tenor transit bag. They answered promptly with the dimensions.

The tenor bags run large, the soprano bags run really small - much smaller than the dimensions given by Kala themselves!

I have one here: according to their information, a Brüko longneck soprano should fit easily, but the bag is in fact several centimeters too short.
Also, the body part is rather small and it's not very deep.

If your soprano is in any way on the larger side, it will NOT fit.
(If you want I can measure it later, it's in storage)

A pity, because they are lovely, sturdy bags!

The tenor bags run large, the soprano bags run really small - much smaller than the dimensions given by Kala themselves!

I have one here: according to their information, a Brüko longneck soprano should fit easily, but the bag is in fact several centimeters too short.
Also, the body part is rather small and it's not very deep.

If your soprano is in any way on the larger side, it will NOT fit.
(If you want I can measure it later, it's in storage)

A pity, because they are lovely, sturdy bags!
Thank you so much for the explanation. I was thinking about ordering one to at least try it, but I won’t bother now.

plastic...shiny plastic
Duh, for two years I've thought it was a chunk of chromed steel. Tis indeed plastic. (Still like the newer embroidered logo better.)

Thank you everyone for the advice. What a great helpful community :)
Hey Skeeter, not contradicting what others have said above, but I found Sweetwater's measurements match my tenor Transit bag pretty much (just measured). Would expect the same with other sizes.

Top Bottom