New Uke Day (NUD) Kala signature and Mxmtoon

mlolya

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I just received this nice little concert Kala that was made in honor of Mxmtoon, who is a talented young woman who’s making a big name for herself with the young generation. The great thing is she's a ukulele player!
The ukulele is a laminate Spruce/Mahogany concert with an engraved top that was designed by Mxmtoon. It sells for $99 and is the standard Kala type ukulele in this price range but the top engraving is a nice addition.

IMG_6665.jpeg

And lo and behold! Kala actually included a 'signature' gig bag!!

IMG_6666.jpeg

If you haven’t heard of Mxmtoon have a look at her. I think it’s great to have young artists playing ukulele for all to see!

Nice. How does it sound and how is the build quality (for the price)?

I discovered her music because I saw the ukulele. I agree, her stuff is great and it’s interesting that she plays a variety of affordable ukes - at least in the videos I’ve seen.

Nice. How does it sound and how is the build quality (for the price)?

I discovered her music because I saw the ukulele. I agree, her stuff is great and it’s interesting that she plays a variety of affordable ukes - at least in the videos I’ve seen.
It still sounds 'new' and I've never been a fan of the factory strings, but I guess it will mellow and a string change should help. The fit and finish on the latest generation of Kalas is surprisingly good. Some of their mid priced ukuleles are finished very well and I think that quality has trickled down to the entry level instruments as well.

Top Bottom