Jake Recording

Jerryc41

Reaction score
Jake has a special deal on his latest recording - "Grateful." You get the standard two CDs, but you also get three vinyl records for $41.24. I paid $24.07 for the CDs, including shipping.

Records have been outselling CDs lately.

Vinyl is definitely reclaiming a market share.

For anyone who has embraced streaming or digital purchases, vinyl makes more sense.

Vinyl takes up more space that a cd, but if someone who usually stream their music (or buy downloadable versions) buys physical media - it is for the purpose of having a token of their appreciation for the artist/band. The bigger vinyl does that better.

Vinyl is more cumbersome to put on, but cd's are still more cumbersome than pressing play on your device. If someone who usually just does that takes the time to put on a record or cd, they want a different experience. CDs are also just digitally stored music, like the download or stream, vinyl has the magic of being analogue.

Naturally these reasons only apply to people who are set up with a streaming device connected to their stereo (or Bluetooth speaker, but in that case, where to connect a record player?). If you dont have that, but have a cd player connected, cd's make a lot of sense 🙂.

But more and more people use the digital solutions, thus pushing for vinyl as a thing to have on the side.

Last edited:
Vinyl is definitely reclaiming a market share.

For anyone who has embraced streaming or digital purchases, vinyl makes more sense.

Vinyl takes up more space that a cd, but if someone who usually stream their music (or buy downloadable versions) buys physical media - it is for the purpose of having a token of their appreciation for the artist/band. The bigger vinyl does that better.

Vinyl is more cumbersome to put on, but cd's are still more cumbersome than pressing play on your device. If someone who usually just does that takes the time to put on a record or cd, they want a different experience. CDs are also just digitally stored music, like the download or stream, vinyl has the magic of being analogue.

Naturally these reasons only apply to people who are set up with a streaming device connected to their stereo (or Bluetooth speaker, but in that case, where to connect a record player?). If you dont have that, but have a cd player connected, cd's make a lot of sense 🙂.

But more and more people use the digital solutions, thus pushing for vinyl as a thing to have on the side.
Another nice thing about records is the artwork on the cover. It's funny how some records are worth either a fortune or nothing, depending on the cover art.

I still have a few records and a couple of record players, but I never use either. There are devices that will play both and devices that will record a record (that expression could be confusing for foreigners 😁) to digital.

Another nice thing about records is the artwork on the cover. It's funny how some records are worth either a fortune or nothing, depending on the cover art.

I still have a few records and a couple of record players, but I never use either. There are devices that will play both and devices that will record a record (that expression could be confusing for foreigners 😁) to digital.

Yeah, the artwork is done better justice on a vinyl cover.

Technically it should be possible to "digitize" vinyl without a special record player. If your stereo have a line out - the headphone jack will probably do - and your computer had a line in - the mic jack will probably do if no other - you should be able to connect them and use Audacity or the like to record digitally whatever analog signal you get from your stereo. I never tried it, but in theory it should work.

Top Bottom