im in love with koa. i want a solid koa uke. whats the cheapest i could get one for?

Solid Koa, Made In Hawai'i, Excellent price, Endorsed by Ahnko. What are you waiting for?

Mr. Bader makes each 'ukulele by hand in his small shop at a very low volume. He not only makes his 'ukuleles by hand but he also mills the majority of his wood from logs that he has collected himself. He mills all his top, bottom, and side boards using a band saw, and a drum sander. The only thing he doesn't make himself is pretty much the fret wire, tuners, and strings. Each instrument is unique and different unlike a CNC machined mass produced KALA which are churned out by the thousands like clones though high quality but somewhat soulless. Each of Mr. Baders 'ukuleles I consider a work of art. Because there is so much hand work involved no two are alike. Don't expect a flawless 100% cosmetically perfect 'ukulele, expect a hand made work of art made by a man who also plays the 'ukulele with his main concern being sound. He could spend more time on finish and charge more but again he is more concerned with sound than finish, and though his finish is beautiful it might not pass a magnifying glass test of more particular customers. I am very satisfied with the quality and sound of my first two Emil Bader 'ukuleles, and I look forward to my 3rd a special order Milo wood tenor neck concert pineapple.

what are you doing to me???

I just bought a koa ukulele, and now you show me the Baders?

Is there a "Uke of the Month Club" I could join?

At least, I have made the decision to buy only sopranos from now on. I bought one concert and it's nice but too big. So that simplifies the UAS.

I just bought a koa ukulele, and now you show me the Baders?

Is there a "Uke of the Month Club" I could join?

At least, I have made the decision to buy only sopranos from now on. I bought one concert and it's nice but too big. So that simplifies the UAS.
There is a thread dated 15 June regarding Emil Bader Ukuleles.

I did some research. It is select hawaiian koa wood. I don't think it is solid because it doesn't say solid koa. The ebay listing is misleading. I could be wrong but I went to oschar schmidts website as well as others and no one had the ou5 deluxe listed as solid koa.

To me, when looking at instruments, the word "Select" is a red flag that the wood is a laminate. They can't say Solid, because that's a flat-out lie, so they use Select to make it sound especially fancy...

If you want a REAL made in Hawai'i 'ukulele handmade by a Hawaiian luthier you can't beat Mr. Emil Bader's Koa 'ukuleles. Here's one but grab it quick! :shaka:
http://www.globalcreationscart.com/product_4807.html
image.php

I just might have to get one of those.:)

Koa is nice. Craftsmanship is better. Both together are great. If you go too cheap, you won't get great tone and playability. Mahogany or rosewood (and many other types) are beautiful and sound good if the instrument is made well. Red spruce tops sound best, I think. But, for the koa lover, my Pono all koa is available...

pono.jpg

what is that a long neck soprano or super concert? hard to get the scale on it for the pics...

Disregard..I googled PKC-2 Concert... The neck seem disproportionately long for some reason... maybe the angle of the pic?

Last edited:
Top Bottom