Ii Hi Tabidachi (Momoe Yamaguchi)

What a lovely melody! And your voice was well suited to the song. I also really appreciated being able to read the Japanese words on the screen as you were singing them. Nicely done, John - a very enjoyable tribute to the songwriter.

What a lovely melody! And your voice was well suited to the song. I also really appreciated being able to read the Japanese words on the screen as you were singing them. Nicely done, John - a very enjoyable tribute to the songwriter.
Thanks, Jan! I really appreciate it. It's sad to think that with each year, more and more of the people who wrote, performed, and produced the songs that we loved will pass away, especially since the baby boom generation has reached old age.

So true. When I was a young girl, I used to wonder why my father would spend so much time reading the obituaries in the daily newspaper. It seemed a bit creepy to me. Unfortunately, during the past decade I’ve come to fully understand the reason for his behavior. We can only hope that the music that defined my life, and yours, will be kept alive long after we are both gone.

Top Bottom