I have friends who are having trouble accessing this forum, they were previously successful

The forum software was replaced a couple of weeks ago. There have quite a few annoying problems, some of which have been fixed. There is another thread about the forum moving in the Uke Talk section, which mentions some of the issues.
It's a bit worrying that Rayan, who was looking after the upgrade, hasn't logged on since Sept 1st....

Works fine for me, easy login the first time...

It's a bit worrying that Rayan, who was looking after the upgrade, hasn't logged on since Sept 1st....
Might not be necessary for Rayan to login to the forum to do work on it. Also, I'm sure he has other responsibilities besides this forum.

Might not be necessary for Rayan to login to the forum to do work on it. Also, I'm sure he has other responsibilities besides this forum.
I'm sure he has, but just an update to let us know they are working on it would be good - as it is, it feels as if we have been abandoned.

Forum works just fine for me.
Wait, bellgamin, you seem to be a UU VIP. Do you have the ability to edit your own posts or to edit your signature?

Many (if not most? All?) of the folks who are UU VIP still can't do those things as far as I know. I know that I can't.

I never got the email confirmation message on my old account. And in opening this new account, I had to ask for the confirmation email twice before I got it.
Brad

Wait, bellgamin, you seem to be a UU VIP. Do you have the ability to edit your own posts or to edit your signature?

Many (if not most? All?) of the folks who are UU VIP still can't do those things as far as I know. I know that I can't.
I seem to be able to edit my posts and signature with no issues.

I can reply as of some point yesterday, where previously I could not. It does seem as though they are silently working on things even if they're not issuing any sort of communication about it.

It's very odd. I still can't post directly from my usual account ("GF1") and had to set this new account up which the forum allows to post fine.

With my old account, I get a message saying posts are awaiting moderation. Bizarrely, one from yesterday has been posted, which led me to believe all my pending posts would be too, and that the problem was sorted, but older posts of mine still haven't been posted, and I still can't post any new submissions.

What a mess.

no trouble over here. I was able to do everything I wanted to do (I don't know about editing a signature--never did one). I think the new forum is great and I can write Δ or ø without having the message truncated.

I set up a second account using the gmail “+” feature (very cool feature that I learned from another posting here ). Shortly thereafter my first account started working properly! …it’s the little things in life.

Just when my original account started working properly I get the dreaded “awaiting monitor approval” message again!

I had deleted my bookmark to the site and when I came back (after the upgrade) I had trouble getting to the right page at first. It was sending me to another forum that looked like it was for UU but maybe people who do lessons. I'm not sure.
Make sure they try this exact link: https://www.forum.ukuleleunderground.com
That's what got me back to the place I was trying to get to here. It may or may not be that, but just a suggestion.

I confirmed my email address as soon as I signed into new forum and set my preferences. Just checked, it's correct in my preferences.

I even changed my password to make sure I'm completely accepted by the new Forum.

Nope. Still can't edit or delete anything.

Top Bottom