Strings How to tune Aquila reds

I've had them on my uke for about a week now. I stretched/tuned them while holding them out of the nut slot. I've not really had any problems with tuning--I tune it before I play and then I'm good to go. I like the look and I like the sound. And, I find they're easier on my fingers than other strings. (Although, that may be the fault of higher action on the other uke I'm comparing them to.)

I'm going to try these on my aNueNue Cedar Bird this weekend. Right now, it has the aNueNue black water strings on, but I don't like their playability. It's funny I recently put the black waters on my Jupiter and really like them.

I'm on my second set of them on my tenor and I love them (with re entrant tuning, with low g I feel like the g string overwhelms all the others). I've also bought some D'addarios because I want to try them, but in the end I love the reds so much I've left them for next time :D

I love the sound of these strings but they intonate flat compared to super nylgut and nylon. at least without getting a new saddle

I didn’t follow any special instructions for my reds, just treated them gently by tuning them up very gradually as I had heard they are prone to snapping. I do that anyway with any strings though. I really love the look, sound and especially the feel of them. They’re like stretchy terra cotta.

Haven't had trouble with 2 packs bought recently and restrung the same set on and off as I tried different brands of strings. I lifted the string out of the slot until it was almost to tension, and put it down into the slot for the last bit. Also used some string lubricant on the nut which seemed to help. The strings sometimes make a little ping sound when I tune up again after they've stretched out. The wound g was the worst, the core seems less flexible and snapped when I bent it so it went in the garbage. The unwounds seem ok. On my Kanilea tenor, they sound wonderful. The same strings didn't work for a different solid uke, seems like they're not driving the top enough or something? Low volume. Maybe the top on the 2nd one is thicker.

Top Bottom