Hi

BobSapey

Reaction score
Hi I'm Bob, I'm joining this group for the u-bass discussion.

I have 2 ubasses, a Kala mahogany that I bought in 2013 and a Kala California I bought in 2019. I have pahoehoe strings on both.

I play with a community group in Garstang, Lancashire, UK, and with a 3 piece ukulele punk band call Ukulele Jukebox. We play a bit more than just punk, but we like to start and finish with it.

I hoping this forum will work better than FB, although I have to say that ubas freaks is my favourite FB group.

Hello Bob, welcome, glad to have you here. You may have seen my post on UBassFreaks about coming here for a better experience. To me it's much easier to follow posts, not have to constantly open replies and scroll backward to read, then have open more replies in the same thread. Please post photos of your gear. I have 28 bass ukes/mini bass guitars that I've accumulated in the last seven years since I started playing bass with my ukulele group.
Bass Collection.jpg

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers

Last edited:
Welcome to UU, Bob!
I probably won't be joining in discussions anout Ubass, as I don't have a bass uke, unfortunately. However, we might get involved in another ramdom thread. I hope you enjoy your stay here!

Hello Bob, welcome, glad to have you here. You may have seen my post on UBassFreaks about coming here for a better experience. To me it's much easier to follow posts, not have to constantly open replies and scroll backward to read, then have open more replies in the same thread. Please post photos of your gear. I have 28 bass ukes/mini bass guitars that I've accumulated in the last seven years since I started playing bass with my ukulele group.
View attachment 136150

Michael Kohan in Los Angeles, Beverly Grove near the Beverly Center
8 tenor cutaway ukes, 4 acoustic bass ukes, 10 solid body bass ukes, 14 mini electric bass guitars (Total: 36)
•Donate to The Ukulele Kids Club, they provide ukuleles to children in hospital music therapy programs. www.theukc.org
•Member The CC Strummers: www.youtube.com/user/CCStrummers/video, www.facebook.com/TheCCStrummers
Well that's a fine collection.
Kala California.jpg
This is my newest, a Kala California which I am quite likely to use all the time.
Kala Mahogany.jpg
This is me with my Kala Mahogany by the North Pier in Blackpool. Its a great bass and is fretless like the California. Both these have the same scale length.
Peasy.jpg
This one I made myself, starting with the neck from a Peavey. I wanted one with metal strings and a magnetic pick-up, so I made it. I used it a bit but I now stays in its case in my garage. I might see if I can make it smaller and lighter, it would be good to have it the same size as my Kalas.
Mahalo Soprano.jpg
This was a bit of fun, making a bass from a soprano ukulele. It works and has an incredible thumping sound, but it is a bit small for serious playing.

Top Bottom