Hello from Del Mar

markjlyon

Reaction score
Hi--

Thanks for the helpful forum--so cool and rare to see so much knowledge combined with so little ego.

I've been playing about two months, and loving it. I started immediately after being diagnosed with early onset Parkinson's Disease. I first thought of the uke as a form of physical therapy, but it's moving well beyond that, and now my brain's rewiring in a good way.

Anyway, I'm loving the learning curve, and hoping to keep laughing as I translate PD into novel strumming patterns...

Take care, and thanks in advance,

Mark

Welcome Mark! Novel strumming patterns.....Ha! Keep jamming and hopefully it will help!

What kind of ukulele do you have?

Thanks, Ryan!

I got a super-cheap one that wouldn't stay in tune, then went back to the store and traded it in on a nice Maton concert. Way too good for my skill level, but I like it a lot. Now strung low-G, per my brother in-law's suggestion.

One can never have a ukulele that is "too good" for our skills! It is all about enjoyment and one way to enjoy is to play a ukulele that you get a charge out of holding! Heck, I am lucky to have some great vintage ukuleles but I am no great player, it just makes me happy to hold and play them!

Glad you are with us!

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us.

Welcome to UU, Mark! Glad you could join us. :)

I admire your positive attitude and sense of humor. It's amazing what music can actually do therapeutically. I wish you the best in your journeys, musical and otherwise.

Welcome from Orange County. Nice to meet you, and I hope you find much joy in the ukuele.

Welcome to UU Mark. Glad you joined us. The uke has lots of positive effects on the human body. Helped drop my blood pressure (and bank account!)

Enjoy and keep us posted.

Top Bottom