Hardshell case

malarz

Reaction score
I'm looking for a hardshell case for a Kala-GTR.

Total length 32"
Lower bout 12"
Upper bout 9"
Body depth 3 3/8"

Thanks for any suggestions.

Have you contacted Kala? They sell cases and may have something for their longer instruments.

I don't think O'ahu makes an extended case, but it might be worth a call to TUS to see if they make one, or have an idea of where you can look for one.

Mim sells a case for 8-string and longneck tenors, but it's only 31". If you added bolsters, maybe a hardcase for a longneck baritone or a small parlor guitar?

As an option, Jerryc41 has posted a few times about making custom cases for a few of his instruments. Check them out.

Also, Google "making your own guitar case". I'm sure you'll find videos on that.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Have you contacted Kala? They sell cases and may have something for their longer instruments.

I don't think O'ahu makes an extended case, but it might be worth a call to TUS to see if they make one, or have an idea of where you can look for one.

Mim sells a case for 8-string and longneck tenors, but it's only 31". If you added bolsters, maybe a hardcase for a longneck baritone or a small parlor guitar?

As an option, Jerryc41 has posted a few times about making custom cases for a few of his instruments. Check them out.

Also, Google "making your own guitar case". I'm sure you'll find videos on that.

Good luck.
Thanks for your reply. I contacted Kala but they don't have one to fit. And, its their guitar! Saga sells a Carfrion brand for tenor guitar but I coulnd not find interior dimensions abd I'm still waitiing for Saga to respond to my query. Aloha City Ukes does not carry that size.

I'll look for posts from Jerryc41 and also any youtube videos/online instructions on how to make a case. It would be a good project.

Thanks again .

Top Bottom