Grover tuning machines made where?

oldjazznut

Reaction score
There are a couple of threads going about tuners, and I remembered Grover's website and packaging don't say where they are made. Most online posts assume all Chinese. I emailed them and got this nice reply -

"Thank you for your interest in Grover products! Our machine heads are manufactured in overseas factories in South Korea, Taiwan, and China (G2 models only) under strict quality control guidelines. We assemble some skus and package all models in our US facility. Future USA production models are being developed and currently in the works. Be sure to check out our social media listings for updates!"

So, only G2 models are Chinese made. I never thought to look at "G2" until Grover's email.

Info from Grover's website - "Designed after our signature models, G2™ by Grover is an entry level, economy line of machine heads developed primarily for the Chinese domestic market and are not intended for aftermarket sales. G2™ Grover machine heads can be recognized by the G2 marking and/or the Grover name in upper-and lower-case lettering (Grover)."

1702394018434.png

Last edited:
No real surprise about the 2s. I bet they’re the stock friction pegs on Ohanas and Magic Flukes. They've always worked well for me on Ohanas. Not as much on MFCs (I tend to swap them for higher-end Grover frictions).

The reply does state that G2 is an economy line of machine heads. So, several types. That they are marked and how. Saying "primarily developed for the Chinese domestic market" implies they are mainly for ukes that aren't exported from China.

Last edited:
It would help to read what you wrote to them to know exactly what they are responding to. Nonetheless, if I understand correctly, nothing is made in the USA at this time, which isn't really a deal breaker. All the models except G2 are made in either Korea or Taiwan. I would prefer them heche en México, pero...

Top Bottom