Included in price
Size
Soprano

Wiggy

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
* Today Only: It is now Free! You just pay shipping *

CONUS via USPS. I prefer a mailed check.

All comments below are unchanged. The cost of shipping unfortunately has, thus the $15 increase in price. Note that it is strung for GDAE and that you can put a gCEA set on without modification.

(Read Patty's reply #2 for more details. The previous sale couldn't be concluded due to a shipping/delivery problem.

Attachments

• Front.JPG
    Front.JPG
    586.1 KB · Views: 76
  • Front Body.JPG
    Front Body.JPG
    266.4 KB · Views: 74
  • Label.JPG
    Label.JPG
    146.2 KB · Views: 69
  • Blem.JPG
    Blem.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 70
  • Back.JPG
    Back.JPG
    596 KB · Views: 68
  • Back Body.JPG
    Back Body.JPG
    422.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Date.JPG
    Date.JPG
    176.1 KB · Views: 75
Last edited:
Purchased on 16 Jun, 2022 as a Butler Music "blem" on eBay for $127+shipping - total: $151.53.
I could tell it was new while unboxing by examining the wrapping and paperwork. The inventory sticker shows that it had been in Butler's stock since 10 Dec, 2020.

The "blem" is a flaw in the white trim around the soundhole. It's very small. See the closeup pic. There are no nicks or scratches anywhere. It is stamped with a red "B" on the soundhole label (see left side of 'N') to indicate "blem." It is satin.

I felt the #2 Grover 9NW tuner was too tight, but all I had on hand was a black one from a new Grover 9NB set. I intended to buy a white set but never did. I installed a lower bout button only.

Setup is very low at 1st fret and Intonation is great.

I'm selling it because I can't seem to bond with its tone. If you are curious about trying mandolin GDAE tuning on a soprano, this is it. You could go back to gCEA if you like.

$75 OBO includes shipping CONUS. I prefer a mailed check, but PP is an option. It will go out double-boxed via US Postal.
This is an unbelievable deal. If it were a concert … GLWS

I can't figure out how to send a pm. But I'd like to buy this. Never had a soprano and am eager to try.

Jim

This is an unbelievable deal. If it were a concert … GLWS
This I had to do. Still trying to find the right soprano (I do have two "pretty good" ones) for GDAE. I'm seeking a violin-like resonance/harmonics rather than a mandolin's percussive and "close" nature. A cedar top is likely what I'll try next, but will certainly take my time finding it.

Last edited:
There is nothing wrong with it. I just don't like it.

It's clogging my creative brain.

<edit> This is for today only.
Tomorrow at this time it will become my first "passive-electro" conversion experiment.

Last edited:
Wow, what a fantastic offer! If I lived in the US, rather than the UK, then I’d be pushing the postage into your hand.

Am I reading this correctly, that this is still for the cost of shipping only? Or, is it 90 dollars? If it is shipping only, I will take it (assuming small, soprano sized box). Sorry to sound cheap, but, I give a couple of ukes away each year to students (social work, BSW or MSW students, and this would be for that), so I try not to spend too much (usually Kimise or something, but this is great) If I am miss-reading it, sorry and GLMS.

Cost of shipping only. I estimate it to not exceed $30-40.

Act fast: click on my name and start a conversation to claim it.

No dilly-dally. FCFS.

Last edited:
This still available? Can't send PM.

Top Bottom