FS: Millar TM-240 Solid Mahogany Concert Ukulele (Europe) *** SOLD

Dohle

Reaction score
***SOLD***

I'm selling this excellent Millar TM-240 solid mahogany concert ukulele for the simple reason that I quickly got another Millar after this one and those ukes are too similar to justify keeping both. This one is really simple and traditional in looks and specs. Considering the uke is stringed with nylon strings it is surprisingly loud and has some nice highs and clarity to the tone as well.

In case you're not familiar with Millar - and I wouldn't blame you - they are a Taiwanese ukulele manufacturer who make really nice ukes for the price. I would argue they're about the best value for money at the mid-range of ukes and I personally prefer them to comparable brands like Pono, Opio or Rebel. This one is basically pristine and not played very much. Zero signs of wear, no dings etc. The only real issue I want to mention is the neck joint at the heel which is so off-colour it is admittedly quite ugly, but of course that's just a cosmetic flaw.

Specs:
- Solid mahogany body
- Rosewood fingerboard and bridge
- Der Jung geared tuners
- Bone nut and saddle
- Satin finish

Asking for 200 Euros + shipping within Europe, preferably EU as import costs - which are the responsibility of the buyer - may occur. I'll include the Flight gigbag shown in the first photo.

IMG_20211219_190304.jpgIMG_20211219_190329.jpgIMG_20211219_190346.jpgIMG_20211219_190413.jpg

Last edited:
That's a classy looking uke!

Ooooh, that is a lovely ukulele....
(And I am in the EU)

Is there a sound sample of it anywhere, perhaps?

Nice find, thanks. Please do note that Matt Hicks (the guy on the video) has switched to clear fluorocarbon strings on this Millar but the uke comes stock with black nylon strings which of course makes the sound quite a bit warmer. I've also retained the black nylon strings on mine, although they're not the original stock ones. You can find a really good sound sample with the stock strings on the SUS Youtube channel:

Nice find, thanks. Please do note that Matt Hicks (the guy on the video) has switched to clear fluorocarbon strings on this Millar but the uke comes stock with black nylon strings which of course makes the sound quite a bit warmer. I've also retained the black nylon strings on mine, although they're not the original stock ones. You can find a really good sound sample with the stock strings on the SUS Youtube channel:

Which strings did you prefer ?

Which strings did you prefer ?
Anything nylon or similar. Clear and black nylon were my equal favourites. D'Addario Titaniums were also good for some added brightness. I'm pretty sure I didn't try fluorocarbons myself.

Anything nylon or similar. Clear and black nylon were my equal favourites. D'Addario Titaniums were also good for some added brightness. I'm pretty sure I didn't try fluorocarbons myself.
Thanks .
Did you try other than D'Addario's ; ie. ghs h-10's ?

Thanks .
Did you try other than D'Addario's ; ie. ghs h-10's ?
I think I did actually. Sounded very similar to D'Addario black nylons, pretty much identical. I also tried Ernie Ball clear nylons which were similar in sound to D'Addario clear nylons but had a slightly tighter feel to them.

I, too have become interested in Millar's recently...

What is the nut width on these series please? I'm unable to find that spec online anywhere...

Top Bottom