Flight Ultra Soprano Travel Ukulele

Really cool looking collection and may be a consideration for those looking for a travel ukulele.

Description says "polycarbonate reinforced plastic" so unsure what this means. Does not mean "all polycarbonate" to me.

Got A Ukulele reviewed the Flight UTS-35 Ultra Travel Ukulele - sounds promising!

I've really enjoyed my Flight TUS-35 Travel Soprano with a laminate top. I'm hoping Flight has plans for a concert size Ultra. I think a terrific upgrade would be metal frets making it compatible with a wound Low G. If Flight made a polycarbonate reinforced plastic concert ukulele with metal frets, I suspect it would give them a competitive advantage over another popular concert travel ukulele (I'm guessing you knowva the one I mean!)

Last edited:
Good find, thank you for bringing this model to our attention! Now I would like to hear how it compares to the Enya Nova Uke, especially the Soprano. Anyone here owning both?

Now I would like to hear how it compares to the Enya Nova Uke, especially the Soprano. Anyone here owning both?
I had the same thought! The Southern Ukulele Store did a video featuring the Flight UTS-35 Ultra Travel Ukulele and the Enya Nova U Concert. Not exactly an apples to apples comparison, but close. To hear sound samples side by side, go to 2:39 and 5:20.

Last edited:
I have one of the Enya Nova soprano ukuleles. They currently cost $40 on Amazon (for the black color). I think it sounds, feels, and plays great for that price. Weight (according to my kitchen scale) is 440 grams so it is very easy to handle. I don't know what the Flight will cost (don't see it on any US websites right now; the Flight website only says 59 euros). Barry's review says the Flight weighs 600 grams, which is significantly heavier and probably less fun to play. For the price, the Enya includes a nicer case and a strap, capo, and extra strings. The Flight only includes a thin dust cover.

At 600 gm that sure is a porker... that's more that every concert that I have ever owned, even the cheap ones.

I love all the colorful designs available!

Has the flight ultra travel ukulele arrived in U.S stores yet? I've been looking for one and still can't find them. Plenty of the previous model but not this latest iteration.
I just called a Canadian retailer as I live in Canada, and they told me they‘re not available in North America at the moment but they‘re working on it. Too bad because I‘m dead curious about them, but the only place I see them for sale outside of North America (Southern Ukulele Store in UK) charges 69 pounds sterling to ship to my location.

Did you see Baz's review? 600 gm! what a chubbo! Thomann music has some in stock, but also ships from Europe.

I just called a Canadian retailer as I live in Canada, and they told me they‘re not available in North America at the moment but they‘re working on it. Too bad because I‘m dead curious about them, but the only place I see them for sale outside of North America (Southern Ukulele Store in UK) charges 69 pounds sterling to ship to my location.
With taxes and shipping I'd end up paying about 2x as much msrp. I'll wait for them to hit the big river store or sigh do without. :)

Is this a case of failure to launch? Over 6 months later there seem to be more reviews than retailers with it in stock.

Is this a case of failure to launch? Over 6 months later there seem to be more reviews than retailers with it in stock.
Flight is a European company and only a fraction of their product line seems to make it to the US distributors. The Flight ultra travel series doesn't seem to be a big upgrade from the older Flight TUS/TUSL/TUC models which are still widely available in the USA. Personally, I would go for the soprano models which are much lighter weight than the concert models. The plastic Enyas are good too with similar price and sound quality.

Last edited:
I know they are Slovenian, but people went gaga over their original TUS travel ukes, and those and their cheaper ukes are sold all over the US, even Amazon. But the UTS/ultra is almost nowhere to be found six months after the announcement.

Last edited:
I've thought a lot about the plastic uke phenomenon and have had a change of heart about them. The earth is over burdened with plastics. I'll do my best to stick with wood/sustainable wood ukes.

Top Bottom