Price
$250 plus shipping
Shipping
Last one I shipped was $50 to Wisconsin
Size
Tenor 17" scale

Island Jim

Reaction score
I built this Tenor a couple of years ago, the neck was too thick so I haven't played it much. I just thinned the neck to a more modern shape and decided to sell it. The top, sides and headplate are very nice figured Koa I brought back from the big island at least 20 years ago. The top is fine straight grained red cedar I sourced right on my Island. The neck is african Mahogany with a 38mm nut, 30 mm string spacing. The finish is satin lacquer. I have too many ukuleles at this time and would love to find a new home for this good looking,good sounding low G tenor. I would love to show this uke or some others I have in person to anyone in the PNW. Pm me if interested or have any questions! Jim RIMG_2441.jpgIMG_2443.jpgIMG_2444.jpg

Sure it is a little hard to show without before pictures but I will try. It had what we call in the sailboat business a hard turn at the bilge, I tapered the neck into the fingerboard and thinned the depth all the way down the neck. I took some off the heel and tapered it. It is still not an overly thin neck, kind of Pono ish!

IMG_2450.jpgIMG_2446.jpgIMG_2448.jpg

Beautiful uke and not very far from me! Any sound samples? How is the dynamic range/volume? GLWS!

Sound samples?

Very cool instrument! And funny when you say "pono-ish" neck profile, and I know exactly what that means!

Nice looking koa and fretboard bindings on this one. GLWS!

We had a little dinner party tonight so no chance for a sound sample, I will try tomorrow. The dynamic range is ok, lot's of mid range still waiting for the strings to settle and the ends to fill in.

I'm glad you got Pono ish, extra credit if you understood hard turn at the bilge!

$250? is that a typo? You can't get a solid Kala or Ohana for that anymore.i also have too many ukes at the moment or I'd jump on that

$250? is that a typo? You can't get a solid Kala or Ohana for that anymore.i also have too many ukes at the moment or I'd jump on that
I agree. That's a crazy good price for a solid-wood instrument. Like you, my inventory is 100% full, but if I was looking for a new tenor, I'd be all over this.

That is not a typo, I want to get some of my ukuleles out to players who will appreciate them and spread the word. I'm not doing this as a business obviously, I just love building with wood , especially instruments and boats!

I forgot to add it comes with a padded gig bag. I'm waiting for my wife to get home to help with the sound sample!

Top Bottom