Emerald Guitars makes a uke/harp made entirely from carbon fiber.

I have one. I very much recommend it. Even without playing the harp strings they give a richness to the overall sound that i was really surprised by.

I think for what you are getting the price is reasonable. Happy to answer any questions.

And for those of you who want more harp than the Emerald provides, we've got this 11 stringer on the Marketplace.

That 11 string harp ukulele intrigued me, as I had no idea how one would even play it, so on searching, I found references to that Emerald one. It's very interesting.

This month (September 2023) a discount.
Shipping this month
Yes keenonuke, there is a current sale of 25% off all upgrades. A couple months ago they had a 25th anniversary sale of 25% off all instruments in stock. During that sale I picked up a 12 string guitar and it is very impressive. I like not worrying about humidity and temperature. I love the tone of those uke/harps in the videos above. Perhaps more of a celtic sound than Hawaiian.

And for those of you who want more harp than the Emerald provides, we've got this 11 stringer on the Marketplace.

That 11 string harp ukulele intrigued me, as I had no idea how one would even play it, so on searching, I found references to that Emerald one. It's very interesting.
Haha, I'm thinking the extra four strings on the Emerald would be enough for me to think about.

I'm very intrigued. Have been watching Jan Laurenz from Switzerland play and describe one on YouTube.

I wonder how these sound acoustically without being plugged in. I have a Godin and enjoy the soft acoustic sound

I've had my eye on these for some time.

But

My fear is that with my short stubby fingers - the 37mm nut and 17-1/2" scale length would make playing too difficult for me to risk the expense. Those dreaded 4 fret chords -(we're looking at you E) probably impossible to accomplish.

I got one this summer, it's sounds great it and is fun, but is definitely a interesting learning challenge. The action on mine is great right from emerald so I would be less concerned with about the stretch on things like E chords, and more with the other novelty parts of the instrument (right hand coordination, constantly retuning the harp strings for different keys, a natural reverb you can't turn off...) when thinking about risking the expense. Mine probably doesn't get played enough for the costs, but as my only Uke that doesn't need to be humidified it looks great above the piano, and can be left at a ski house in the winter care free so it's fully justified in my mind. Definitely a unique instrument.

Got to agree with you seanm about the humidity/temperature advantages of a carbon fiber instrument. My Emerald 12 string guitar sits on a stand where I can see it all the time and so easy to pick it up and play. Emerald X30-12stringmaple.jpg

Top Bottom