Do Wah Diddy Diddy (Manfred Mann)

Looking forward to it, but unable to connect my earphones right now. Is this the same tune used as marching cadence by Bill Murray’s character in the hilarious boot camp graduation scene in the movie “Stripes”?

Looking forward to it, but unable to connect my earphones right now. Is this the same tune used as marching cadence by Bill Murray’s character in the hilarious boot camp graduation scene in the movie “Stripes”?
Yes, that's the one! The call and response suits marching! :)

Bravo! And kudos to the background chorus too. :cool:

Another winner. Love the background singers.

Bravo! And kudos to the background chorus too. :cool:
Thanks, Timm! I had to call the Mario twins to help out! Can't do this song without those background singers! :)

Another winner. Love the background singers.
Thanks, Bilbo! I wish I could use Luigi as a background singer, but his green hat presents a problem for green-screening! :)

The “Window Ledge Twins” cracked me up! Another great video with memories attached. Do Wah Diddy Diddy was the very first record I ever owned. I was only 11 when it came out, but I knew all the words to the song (still do), and I drove my parents crazy singing them every single time it came on the radio (which was quite frequently, once the song hit the charts). Eventually, my uncle bought me the 45 so that I could play it on my little record player as many times as I wanted, singing along with all the exuberance I could muster . . . as long as I was in my bedroom . . . upstairs . . . with the door closed. :)

Thanks for all of these marvelous videos that you create, John. The memories they bring back make me feel like I’m experiencing a living memoir, one song at a time.

The “Window Ledge Twins” cracked me up! Another great video with memories attached. Do Wah Diddy Diddy was the very first record I ever owned. I was only 11 when it came out, but I knew all the words to the song (still do), and I drove my parents crazy singing them every single time it came on the radio (which was quite frequently, once the song hit the charts). Eventually, my uncle bought me the 45 so that I could play it on my little record player as many times as I wanted, singing along with all the exuberance I could muster . . . as long as I was in my bedroom . . . upstairs . . . with the door closed. :)

Thanks for all of these marvelous videos that you create, John. The memories they bring back make me feel like I’m experiencing a living memoir, one song at a time.
Thanks, Jan, and thanks for sharing your memory associated with this song. It's a great first record to own! I feel like our generation grew up with the greatest songs ever! How lucky we were! :)

Top Bottom