cuatro tunes?

UkeOkay

Reaction score
I’ve got one ukulele that I just restrung to low G Cuarto tuning. It’s got an odd mix of strings, Worth, Fremont, and UkeLogic, but, hey, you play the uke with the strings you have, not the strings you wish you had.

I’ve now got a problem - I don’t have any tunes to play on it. Strumming is interesting, but I’m wondering if there any suitable fingerstyle tabs about.

In terms of tabs etc specifically written for cuatro tuning I’m afraidi have nothing, but I strung my tenor that way in order to play older songs in the style of Cliff Edwards, who often used a low 1st and 4th on a tenor tuned to Bb.

Try a few of the tunes he was known for—When You Wish Upon a Star, Night Owl, I’ll See You in My Dreams, Singing in the Rain etc—and play the chords with a simple fingerstyle pattern. Sounds fantastic.

In terms of tabs etc specifically written for cuatro tuning I’m afraidi have nothing, but I strung my tenor that way in order to play older songs in the style of Cliff Edwards, who often used a low 1st and 4th on a tenor tuned to Bb.
Bb? Is that string 1 or 4?

Cliff Edward’s strumming style has always fascinated me.

Bb? Is that string 1 or 4?

Cliff Edward’s strumming style has always fascinated me.
3. Tenor in Bb means F Bb D G so a cuatro version would be F3 Bb3 D4 G3

My cuatro is tenor Eb: Bb3 Eb4 G4 C3

UU Forum member Ondrej Sarek has tablature books of music for quatro tuning. There is a short list of them on page 4 of the sampler linked below. Many of them can be purchased through Amazon. You might also want to PM Ondrej via the UU Forum to see if he has any new tablature books for quatro, as I think he has recently been posting videos of music for quatro tuning to the UU Forum’s “Links and Videos” section.

Top Bottom