Covid Booster

No problems today with my Pfizer booster that I got this morning.

I went for my Moderna Covid Booster shot yesterday. Today I'm in pretty rough shape. My arm, where they injected me, hurts like heck, and I can't lift it over my head. I have a dry cough that woke me up so early. And my body, especially my legs, ache like like anything. The muscles around my neck and shoulders hurt. And my feet are cramping. I took four Ibuprofens so I'm hoping to feel some better in a while. This is no fun. :confused:
I had been told to take Tylenol, not Ibuprofen. Ibuprofen works by interfering with the immune system's response to whatever, and people told me that the was some concern that Ibuprofen would get in the way of the vaccine programming the immune system. Maybe it's not as big a deal on the booster shot.

It's working Vegas George. That's the immune system kicking into gear. The stronger the response, the better protected you and your wife will be. Congratulations on getting that booster. I look forward to it.
A reaction *does* mean the immune system is responding, but a *lack* of a reaction does *not* mean that the immune system is *not* responding. While people have varying reactions to the shots, everyone who gets one is developing the same level of antibodies as a result of getting the shots, regardless of the severity of their reaction to it.

I felt absolutely nothing after 2 Pfiizer shots - I'm thinking Moderna could be the better booster for me because it's a little stronger.

But I'll take whatever is available ...

Got the Moderna booster on the 30th. Sore arm, muscle aches, fatigue and slight fever (100.4) all good today. This is the same reaction as the 2nd Moderna shot.

I haven't got a Covid booster yet. I need to wait longer. As the first two shots were Pfizer, I'm thinking about choosing a Pfizer booster. According to the Canadian pharmacy and Ministry of Health, the booster is identical to the regular Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine and is to be given at least six months after the first two vaccine doses. Clinical trials have shown side effects more or less the same as those experienced with the original two doses of the vaccine. The only side effect I had after the vaccination was the pain in the injection site.

Last edited:
Had the Moderna booster last Friday morning at 9:00 . I scheduled Friday because the second shot kicked my butt big time. An hour or so after the shot felt my arm getting sore by bed time it was unpleasant just to lift my arm. Went to bed and woke up about 1:00 AM with a low grade fever. Took some Tylenol but couldn't get back to sleep. I felt tired, sore and worn down all day Saturday but was able to function. Woke up Sunday and all symptoms were gone except a manageable headache. Yes, I would do it again, and probably will have to. :rolleyes:

Had the Moderna booster last Friday morning at 9:00 . I scheduled Friday because the second shot kicked my butt big time. An hour or so after the shot felt my arm getting sore by bed time it was unpleasant just to lift my arm. Went to bed and woke up about 1:00 AM with a low grade fever. Took some Tylenol but couldn't get back to sleep. I felt tired, sore and worn down all day Saturday but was able to function. Woke up Sunday and all symptoms were gone except a manageable headache. Yes, I would do it again, and probably will have to. :rolleyes:
Almost the same symptoms for me. The only difference was about midnight I was so chilled and shivering that it took an extra blanket, socks, a woolen cap, and a hot water bottle to warm me up in about half an hour. I then awoke at 4pm hot and feverish which didn't last long. The next day was very similar to Joe T's. And yes, I also will probably do it again. :rolleyes:

Sorry to hear about the reaction. I had a mild reaction to second Moderna shot but got Pfizer booster and had no reaction other than a little soreness in the arm from the shot. Overall glad I got the vaccinations and wishing everyone well

I just got my third Pfizer. Arm was sore the first night, but less sore than the first two times. Felt a little fatigue again (wanted a nap before lunch as well as after). By third day, no symptoms, including arm soreness.

It is a guessing game on which one to get. I would have switched to Moderna for the third one if it was the same strength as the first two. But this third shot was a half dose without public data to be able to make an informed decision. If I had Moderna for the first two, I likely would have gone Pfizer.

I got my booster and flu shot two days ago, with slightly sore shoulders. Yesterday I had chills for about an hour, which felt similar to when I think I had an infection. Three shots of biontech, as I don't buy into this mixing thing.

I got my J&J in June. My symptoms with that were small fever, chills, aches, just all around down for a day. How was your J&J experience?

Hoping I don't get hit too hard when I get my booster.

Top Bottom