Concert/tenor hybrid ukulele

Nickie

Reaction score
The video is at the bottom. This scale fascinates me!
Tyde Ukuleles

I like 16" scale. My Cocobolo is that. Didn't pay 6 Gs for it either 😮

Most of the 16" scale ukuleles are deemed "super concert" or such as they are closer to the concert body size. The Kamaka Ohta San ukuleles might fit here.

KoAloha actually has a tenor scale fretboard with a soprano body. But it is more a rarity to have a shorter scale on a larger body, like this or a soprano scale with a concert body.

And Tyde ukuleles are really cool, so you should buy it!

Most of the 16" scale ukuleles are deemed "super concert" or such as they are closer to the concert body size. The Kamaka Ohta San ukuleles might fit here.

KoAloha actually has a tenor scale fretboard with a soprano body. But it is more a rarity to have a shorter scale on a larger body, like this or a soprano scale with a concert body.

And Tyde ukuleles are really cool, so you should buy it!
Bwaa haa haa! Too rich for my blood.

Tyde Ukuleles
Beautiful instrument. Iriguchi Ukulele makes a hybrid sized tenor. I think it's called the Ideale. I doubt it goes for 6k. Kamaka has a hybrid size as well. I believe they originally made it for Ohta San.
I've met Mika back shortly before lockdown. He's a really fine musician and nice kid. That instrument looks a bit small in his hands. Mika is a pretty tall guy. He was sitting in with Hale Seabury and Bryan Tolentino at Nico's in Kailua. Bryan invites people to come up and play while he and Hale are between sets. Mika played a short set, and I played a short set after him. After I was done, Byron Yasui and Benny Chong played. My God, they tore it up.

On the Kamaka website the Ohta San model isn't shown. Are they still manufacturing it? 🤓

There are three available for sale on TUS.
And one here in our Market place.

LoPrinzi USA Made All Solid Cherry Short Scale Tenor Ukulele​

just posted at World Of Ukes

LoPrinzi-Short-Scale-Tenor-Cherry-Ukulele.jpg

The family and I are taking a long over due, two week vacation this month. If it weren’t for that, I would have snapped that up as soon as I saw it last week.

Elderly Ohta I found this one
The problem is I hadn't jumped when an inexpensive store used one with the bling was available.

Tyde Ukuleles
I'm the happy purchaser of Sam R B's white oak Venetian style ukulele with its 16.5 scale that was for adore on the Marketplace.

It's such an easy to play uke and a great scale length.

To add to the mix there's also the baritone body tenors -
Ohana BKT-250G
and Cocobolo makes a baritone body tenors which they call their Short Neck Baritones. Kevin at Cocobolo told me they would make a Short Neck Tenor #001 - meaning a tenor body with a shorter scale length of say 16.5" or 16"
So much to consider - choices what feeds the UAS. :D

Top Bottom