Coast Ukuleles

simerix

Reaction score
Does anyone have any experience with Coast Ukuleles? I can't find much about them on this website. They have a couple of instruments that were previously on TUS that seemed to be received well.

Woah... Just checked his IG account. Those are some beautiful ukes. Odd that he seems to auction them on the account by having people just add a comment with their highest bid. But, hey, if it works...

Here's a video from Alex @ SUS. These are custom ukuleles that are not cheap, but look and sound great.

SUS had also had them and had posted YouTube videos on them

(at 3:24)

This fine young gentleman, Tyler Donkoh-Halm, recently won a TUS contest with this entry, playing on his Coast bari.

He has plenty more videos down his page as well.

I was lucky enough to snag a Coast bari last summer and I love it. I've been watching all the recently 'Oli videos from TUS and their baritones have been tempting, but I just look at and/or pick up my Coast and stave off that UAS. I don't play it half as well as Tyler (dude goes to Berklee), but I still think it feels and sounds great.

Aside from the uke, from a customer service standpoint, Kawai was great to work with. And his kiddos are too dang adorable!! Check out their vids on my NUD or scroll their IG.

I will say, he's a one man shop of course, so there's a bit of a wait list orrrrrrr... you can follow his IG and get lucky when he posts something that's available. This seems to happen fewer and farther between. Follow closely and get lucky!!!

btw... he's also a UU Forum member!
Howdy Kawai, @Coast_Ukulele ... if you're listening! 🤙

Does anyone have any experience with Coast Ukuleles? I can't find much about them on this website. They have a couple of instruments that were previously on TUS that seemed to be received well.

i mostly post to my instagram account. it’s been awhile since i updated the website, one day i’ll add the new ukes to it. til then the instagram gets updated often.

@coastukulele

Woah... Just checked his IG account. Those are some beautiful ukes. Odd that he seems to auction them on the account by having people just add a comment with their highest bid. But, hey, if it works...
Thanks for the kind words! I did try an auction once on instagram and it was a bit too wild for me, i think for at least now that was a one off. I mostly work with folks off my waitlist and try to balance that with a few that end up in shops like SUS and TUS. I also do a couple a year where i donate to live auctions in my local community.

Top Bottom