Chee Maisel Free Online Uke Fest

I was able to watch/attend the on line event. WOW, what a production, from people homes all over the place. Well done. I have a couple of new tunes to work on and some techniques to someday master. I hope that those in the community that can will support these artists with the $$ so on line events can continue. Another artist I like Jorma Kaukonen is doing live shows on Saturday nights-stellar guitar playing with soulful lyrics. I'll keep supporting musicians as much as I can.

It’s awesome that it is recorded. Watching this morning I am able to stop the video, take notes, practice a new chord or strum or take a break.
Here’s the YouTube link:

And here’s the link to get the packet:
craigandsarah.com/minifest
Making a donation today. Make a donation here to Craig and Sarah’s live stream efforts:
http://www.cheemaisel.com/live-streams-videos
What a nice way to spend Easter.

Last edited:
This online festival was amazing! It was just the break I needed from everything that was going on. The wife and I "attended" pretty much the entire thing, streaming it to our smart TV.

A huge thank you to everyone involved. There were a lot of new songs and techniques to be learned, and I finally felt comfortable taking some expensive ukes to a festival! :)

If any of you missed it, it is totally worth watching (and re-watching) the archived video.

It’s awesome that it is recorded. Watching this morning I am able to stop the video, take notes, practice a new chord or strum or take a break.
Here’s the YouTube link:

And here’s the link to get the packet:
[/URL]
Making a donation today. What a nice way to spend Easter.

Yes, I love recorded. It must be very difficult for all these instructors who earn their living by going to uke fests.

Last edited:
I Attended the whole thing. I have a bum knee that pains me all the way down in my foot right now, so what else would I do? LOL
What were your thoughts on it?
I was impressed with Cynthia Lynn, the last presenter. I'd never heard her before, but she's a good teacher. I've heard many a TBUS member brag her up. I wanna learn the song Creep, the kids might like it.
Daniel Ward's presentation was the 1st of his I ever got anything out of! It was pretty good.
Cathy Fink's demo of the clawhammer technique was one of the best I've ever seen.
And Aldrine's demo of the skank pattern was masterful. I've been trying to do it backward!
I always enjoy seeing and hearing new ways to make common chords, too. They make playing way more interesting.
Heidi Swedberg was just plain silly. I couldn't help but laugh. And every time Craig laughs, I do too, he has the most infectious laugh.
Andrew Molina's dad is a master bassist!
The woman who cleaned off a wooden uke with alcohol?! I cringed. Donna LoPrinzi says Never! She says try a small spot first, using naphtha, to make sure you're getting harmless cleaning, uke makers use a plethora of different finish materials.

That was a fantastic break from isolation routine and I sure enjoyed the afternoon. My favourites were Bryan Tolentino followed by the Souza family, as they match my interest in traditional uke music. The cool custom slothead ukes played by several participants were notable. Not surprising given the sponsorship status the Kanile'a ukes stood out most followed by the Kamaka Deluxe Customs and also two KoAloha black labels.

Hopefully everyone who enjoyed the Festival can spare a few dollars to help cover the costs and contribute to those who took time to provide the lessons and entertainment. I sure its going to be a lean year for these folks. Tough financial times ahead for people in this industry.

What an outstanding event masterfully organized by Craig and Sarah. I’m so in awe at how they pulled this together during this time of insolation. Bravo!

Hopefully everyone who enjoyed the Festival can spare a few dollars to help cover the costs and contribute to those who took time to provide the lessons and entertainment. I sure its going to be a lean year for these folks. Tough financial times ahead for people in this industry.

Yes, it will definitely be a lean year for all of our favorite performers. I hope they have wealthy relatives. :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom