Candida (Tony Orlando and Dawn)

A forgotten song for me! Thanks for posting the chords on Youtube. I have many of your arrangements in my rotation.

A forgotten song for me! Thanks for posting the chords on Youtube. I have many of your arrangements in my rotation.
Thanks, Bilbo. It's hard to believe this song is 53 years old! Gotta bring back all these songs! :)

You bypassed Tony Orlando and Dawn by trending #1 here!

Enjoyed it as always!

Great version! You brought a cool island vibe to this old pop song.

It's hard to believe this song is 53 years old! Gotta bring back all these songs! :)
53 years old! Wow, that would make us about 30 by now, eh John? :LOL: Thank you, again, for another classic song from my teenager years. I can't tell, who is singing the "Dawn" harmony? Well played and sung and in my head for at least the rest of the evening. Appreciate you taking the time to share with us.

I am almost sorry for bringing it up, but I never could get past the notion that "Candida" sounded to me like some form of venereal disease. 😅

Last edited:
53 years old! Wow, that would make us about 30 by now, eh John? :LOL: Thank you, again, for another classic song from my teenager years. I can't tell, who is singing the "Dawn" harmony? Well played and sung and in my head for at least the rest of the evening. Appreciate you taking the time to share with us.
Thanks, Joe! I did the Dawn harmony parts. I had a hard time figuring out the harmony, so I relied on an old trick -- I searched for a karaoke version of Candida on YouTube, where I could hear the harmony line isolated. :)

I am almost sorry for bringing it up, but I never could get past the notion that "Candida" sounded to me like some form of venereal disease. 😅
Ha ha! When this song was new, I remember thinking that Candida was an unusual name. I knew a Candace, but no Candida. I wonder how many girls were named after this song?? :)

Thanks for another blast from the past, John. You’ve got a nice groove going in this one. Well done!

Thanks for another blast from the past, John. You’ve got a nice groove going in this one. Well done!
"What Jan said!" 😊

P.S. John, sorry to hijack here, but your VW bus reminds me of the one that I used to ride in when I was in college, being transported into a North St. Louis neighborhood with some fellow students to tutor first graders after their regular school day. In fact, it was during one of those rides (I'm guessing Fall of 1974) that I first heard Carole King's "Jazz Man" on the van's blaring, crackly-speaker radio!

Last edited:
I don’t remember the tune but, as always, you done good, brah!
When I think of TOAD, all that ever comes to mind is “Tie A Yellow Ribbon”.

"What Jan said!" 😊

P.S. John, sorry to hijack here, but your VW bus reminds me of the one that I used to ride in when I was in college, being transported into a North St. Louis neighborhood with some fellow students to tutor first graders after their regular school day. In fact, it was during one of those rides (I'm guessing Fall of 1974) that I first heard Carole King's "Jazz Man" on the van's blaring, crackly-speaker radio!
Thanks, Bill! When I saw this mini- VW bus I knew I had to have it to decorate my window sill. :)

Top Bottom