Buying a Tenor: MahiMahi or APC?

Bernard_82

Reaction score
Greetings to everyone!

After a few months learning with a soprano ( almost toy), I would like to buy a tenor ukulele with a little more quality and I would like to ask your opinion and advice.

My budget is around 130€ (140 $) and I would like (impossible mission?) at least one model with a solid top.
I have set my eye on these models but I can't decide (nor test them first)...

MAHI MAHI ST 2
APC TS

I don't know if you know these ukeleles and could give me your opinion, or recommend a model for my budget...

Many Thanks for everything!

check this model: AnueNue UT10 - it has solid top, good sustain, sounds good, its loud, superb build quality for a low price, one of the best deals for +- 150-160$. Sound samples + review:

Last edited:
Thank you so much,

It seems like an excellent option. I will look at it!
Although I am in Europe, and Anuenue has no distribution almost o very few......

Thank you!

Thank you so much,

It seems like an excellent option. I will look at it!
Although I am in Europe, and Anuenue has no distribution almost o very few......

Thank you!

As far as I can see, both Thomann, GuteUkulele, and UkuleleSupply distributies aNueNue. Also Southern Ukulele Store and World of Ukes, but I dont think they will take care of import duties for you on the budget ukes. This is a pretty big part of those ukulele shops I have heard of this side of the pond. Often forum profiles from the US seem to consider buying from UK because of more aNueNue in stock over here. So I will question whether getting hands on an aNueNue in Europe is hard.

It seems that the cheapest tenor from aNueNue in these shops is the U3 at EUR139, a bit over budget.

Anyway, if you are more into the other ukes, that is fair enough. I never tried any of the ukes shown in the OP. The APC s look cool, but I believe I once saw pictures some overbuild ukes they had produced. And that association weights down their appeal to me. So between the two you suggested, I would probably gamble on the MahiMahi, which have a good GotAUkulele review.

As far as I can see, both Thomann, GuteUkulele, and UkuleleSupply distributies aNueNue. Also Southern Ukulele Store and World of Ukes, but I dont think they will take care of import duties for you on the budget ukes. This is a pretty big part of those ukulele shops I have heard of this side of the pond. Often forum profiles from the US seem to consider buying from UK because of more aNueNue in stock over here. So I will question whether getting hands on an aNueNue in Europe is hard.

It seems that the cheapest tenor from aNueNue in these shops is the U3 at EUR139, a bit over budget.

Anyway, if you are more into the other ukes, that is fair enough. I never tried any of the ukes shown in the OP. The APC s look cool, but I believe I once saw pictures some overbuild ukes they had produced. And that association weights down their appeal to me. So between the two you suggested, I would probably gamble on the MahiMahi, which have a good GotAUkulele review.
Many thanks for your answer!
Finally I'Ve bought a Mahi Mahi 87M Matt, all solid mahogany ( great offer!). The Anuenue it's almost impossible in Eu for my budget....
Anyway, I'm very happy with MahiMahi.

Thanks!

Top Bottom