Bushman: Pineapple vs. Soprano

little_lanikai

Reaction score
Hello everyone! I am a current owner of a lanikai soprano ukulele, and now I am looking to buy my first bushman. I can't decide between the jenny pineapple and the jenny soprano. Does anyone own one or the other? Is there any difference in their sound and tone? Does anyone have any reviews about them. I'd love to hear what your opinion/ experience is with them. I need help in deciding, and just want another opinion. I like both so I'll be happy either way. Thanks! :)

etu16f.jpg

jenny pineapple

OR

2rnczl0.jpg

jenny soprano

I've never had a pineapple, not a "bell" and both are very intriguing to me. I will be reviewing the Ohana "Vita" uke in an upcoming issue of Ukulele Player. I love the look of the Bushman pineapple. It has a classy look to it. Not too much bling, no decals, very clean and classy.

Ive noticed with a lot of pinneapple ukes, that they tend to sound kind of nasily.( I fail: spelling). It's kind of like if an ukulele had a nose and you plugged it up and played it, thats what it would soulnd like. Just throwing in my feel toward them. I never was really hooked on the look of them either. I dont mean to disagree with you pippen, thats just my two cents.

:D

Ive noticed with a lot of pinneapple ukes, that they tend to sound kind of nasily.( I fail: spelling). It's kind of like if an ukulele had a nose and you plugged it up and played it, thats what it would soulnd like. Just throwing in my feel toward them. I never was really hooked on the look of them either. I dont mean to disagree with you pippen, thats just my two cents.

:D

That could very well be (nasally sound, may be a great way to describe that). Laminated pineapple ukes do sound thin and weak. A really nice solid-wood pineapple is robust and booming.

thanks everyone for your insight. I just fell in love with the look and sound of the bushman, and I think I'm going to buy a pineapple, but I do plan to get one from mainland ukuleles in the future too! :)

Here's an email I got from John Hall yesterday:

Dear Frank,
We discontinued our Bushman Jenny Pineapple Ukulele about 2 months ago, and we just found 4 more back in the warehouse. These are really nice ones - grade A, first quality, brand new in the box. I will sell them for $100.00ea to the first 4 callers. These are ukuleles that would be selling right now for $239.50 if we still carried them, and now that we've discontinued them, the Pineapples are collector's items.

I think I was able to get the last one!!!

If you can't find the Bushman Pineapple, see if you can hold out for the Mainland cedar-top pineapple. ;)

I received confirmation of Mainland's upcoming pineapple so I'm holding out for that. I LOVE PINEAPPLES!

Here's an email I got from John Hall yesterday:

Dear Frank,
We discontinued our Bushman Jenny Pineapple Ukulele about 2 months ago, and we just found 4 more back in the warehouse. These are really nice ones - grade A, first quality, brand new in the box. I will sell them for $100.00ea to the first 4 callers. These are ukuleles that would be selling right now for $239.50 if we still carried them, and now that we've discontinued them, the Pineapples are collector's items.

I think I was able to get the last one!!!

WOW What a score, I'm jealous. :D

there is a TON of love for the mainland ukes on this site! they MUST be good.. i am going to have to think about one of those!!

d

They are. I just got one in the mail yesterday! (Mahogany concert.) It's amazing, and the price is good, too, especially considering what other places charge for inferior instruments.

Top Bottom