Price Drop Boat Paddle, 12 Fret Tenor by Jerry Hoffmann - reduced to $400 + shipping

Price
$400
Shipping
Not included
Size
Tenor

Maiden Uke

Reaction score
Original Boat Paddle Tenor (25.5 length)12 Fret Sunburst All Solid Mahogany ukulele made by Luthier Jerry Hoffmann. Neck, back and sides of the body are solid one piece. Inside Label - hard to photograph - Boat Paddle Company serial # T 122079, JH 6 - 11, New Haven Missouri. Has Jerry’s unique pinned nut. No longer being made. Rarely seen on the secondary market. Very good condition. Has one strap pin on the bottom. Neck is “C” shaped. Tunes up easily. Strung with Worth Brown. Minor light scratches. (Difficult to see) on top from strumming. One scratch from a string change - there when I got it- beneath the bridge; two minor (tiny) scratches (1) on top of the headstock, (1) on the side of the headstock (also there when I bought it. Hard to photograph due to the glare of the finish. Last photo has a glare spot, not a scratch or mark. In some photos the Uke appears to be more reddish than it is in person. I bought it from Bernunzio Music a few years ago. Not the original owner. I’ve enjoyed it and love its unique shape, but I don’t play it as much as some of my others. I don’t have the equipment to do a sound sample. Can include a lightly padded tenor gigbag. Hard case would be extra. Shipping only to CONUS. Ukulele stand not included. PayPal preferred. Reduced price - $425 + shipping.View attachment 151692

Attachments

• IMG_0290.jpeg
    IMG_0290.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172
  • IMG_0274.jpeg
    IMG_0274.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 110
  • IMG_0275.jpeg
    IMG_0275.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0279.jpeg
    IMG_0279.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0280.jpeg
    IMG_0280.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0281.jpeg
    IMG_0281.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 122
  • IMG_0282.jpeg
    IMG_0282.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0283.jpeg
    IMG_0283.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 149
  • IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 162
Last edited:
Original Boat Paddle Tenor (25.5 length)12 Fret Sunburst All Solid Mahogany ukulele made by Luthier Jerry Hoffmann. Inside
Label - hard to photograph - Boat Paddle Company serial # T 122079, JH 6 - 11, New Haven Missouri.
Has Jerry’s unique pinned nut. No longer being made. Rarely seen on the secondary market. Very good condition. Has one strap pin on the bottom. Neck is “C” shaped. Tunes up easily. Strung with Worth Brown. Minor light scratches. (Difficult to see) on top from strumming. One scratch from a string change - there when I got it- beneath the bridge; two minor (tiny) scratches (1) on top of the headstock, (1) on the side of the headstock (also there when I bought it. Hard to photograph due to the glare of the finish. Last photo has a glare spot, not a scratch or mark. In some photos the Uke appears to be more reddish than it is in person. I bought it from Bernunzio Music a few years ago. Not the original owner. I’ve enjoyed it and love its unique shape, but I don’t play it as much as some of my others. I don’t have the equipment to do a sound sample. Can include a lightly padded tenor gigbag. Hard case would be extra. Shipping only to CONUS. Ukulele stand not included. PayPal preferred.View attachment 151692

Attachments

• IMG_0271.jpeg
    IMG_0271.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 100
  • IMG_0276.jpeg
    IMG_0276.jpeg
    123.6 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0278.jpeg
    IMG_0278.jpeg
    71.3 KB · Views: 107
Bumping again

Attachments

• IMG_0284.jpeg
    IMG_0284.jpeg
    841.6 KB · Views: 115
Still available.
Have been holding off on trying to sell, considering shipping in the unpredictable weather conditions all over the country.

GLWS! I'm not in the market for a tenor but this one definitely should be worth every penny.
I'm in the market for a tenor and am quite interested in this instrument!

The lack of a pickup (I want to be able to plug mine into an amp) is probably the thing most dissuading me at the moment.

But I'm on the fence here.

Maiden Uke - how much is shipping estimated to be from NC to Connecticut?

The lack of a pickup (I want to be able to plug mine into an amp) is probably the thing most dissuading me at the moment.

I think perhaps a pickup could be added by a luthier.

Last edited:

Not sure how much shipping would be from CT to NC. I would think at least $30 or more. Would have to pack it up and bring it to the PO or somewhere to get an exact amount.

Last edited:
Maiden Uke, could you confirm if a pickup was added or not?
No pick up was ever addded, but as someone pointed out, a luthier probably could add one. There is a strap button on the bottom of the Uke now. No strap button on the neck, as the neck, back and sides of the body are all one solid piece and the luthier I asked didn’t want to drill there.

Last edited:
Top Bottom