Shipping
Shipping included Conus
Size
Tenor

Randy1

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
Selling my Blackbird Farralon with side sound port.

Listing is also on Reverb at a slightly higher price if that helps interested buyers.

Farallon, named for the islands that lie off the coast of San Francisco, is the one and only tenor crafted from ekoa®—our high-performance material made of natural linen fiber and bioresin. Farallon’s ‘double top’ soundboard is lighter than wood and tuned for a powerful vintage tone. This ecological composite is also structurally superior to vintage old-growth wood, increasing resonance along with complete temperature and humidity stability. The rugged hollow neck one-piece structure enhances projection further providing you with unmatched dynamics and the ultimate playing experience.
Farallon with heavy padded soft case + strap buttons

ConstructionEkoa® natural linen composite
TopEkoa® bi-directional double top
Fretboard Width at 12 Fret1.75 in (44.45 mm)
Fretboard Width at Nut1.4 in (35.51mm)
Neck materialEkoa® natural linen composite
Side Markers5, 7, 10, &12 (side dots only)
Bridge MaterialComposite, satin finish
Neck ShapeC Shape
Neck ReinforcementStatic truss Rod
Bridge String Spacing1.5 in (38.1 mm)
SaddleMicarta
Nut MaterialGraphtech
Fretboard MaterialComposite, Satin Finish
Tuning MachinesGotoh UPT
HeadstockEkoa® Natural linen
HeadplateEkoa® bi-directional
Recommended StringsOasis Warm
CaseBallistic Nylon Gig Bag
Scale Length17 in (431.8 mm)
FretwireMedium
FinishSatin
Dimensions26.5 in x 9.35 in x 3.25 in
Weight1.3 lbs (0.5 Kilos)
Number of Frets Clear14
Number of Frets Total19

Built 2018
Excellent - Mint condition
Comes with original blackbird soft case
$1700 including shipping Conus
Payment via Paypal

Let me know if you have any questions.

Attachments

• IMG_2551.jpg
    IMG_2551.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_2552.jpg
    IMG_2552.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2553.jpg
    IMG_2553.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_2554.jpg
    IMG_2554.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_2555.jpg
    IMG_2555.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_2556.jpg
    IMG_2556.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_2557.jpg
    IMG_2557.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:
Hello. Just curious if you have any experience with the Blackbird Clara that you'd be able to compare the sounds between the two. I have a Clara and it has a sound that I can't quite describe in comparison to wood ukes - it is very nice, but just slightly different. I play tenors when I am lucky enough to get the chance and I am not sure what I'd think about the Farallon.

Hello. Just curious if you have any experience with the Blackbird Clara that you'd be able to compare the sounds between the two. I have a Clara and it has a sound that I can't quite describe in comparison to wood ukes - it is very nice, but just slightly different. I play tenors when I am lucky enough to get the chance and I am not sure what I'd think about the Farallon.
Never had a Clara. But the uke has a great sound better than you'd think from linen composite vs wood. With that being said it plays and sounds Unbelievable for what it is and obviously no issues with temperature of humidity. It doesn't sound like wood. But it sounds surprisingly good. I do have a carbon fiber baritone and the tone from the linen composite seems a little better.

Never had a Clara. But the uke has a great sound better than you'd think from linen composite vs wood. With that being said it plays and sounds Unbelievable for what it is and obviously no issues with temperature of humidity. It doesn't sound like wood. But it sounds surprisingly good. I do have a carbon fiber baritone and the tone from the linen composite seems a little better.
Thanks for the info. Good luck with your sale. I will keep this one in mind.

Listing is also on Reverb at a slightly higher price if that helps comfort level for interested buyers.

I've played both and the Farallon is slightly different in the same way the Clara is... and also very nice! It has a deep, warm tone. If you're really interested, best advice would be to find some sound samples from The Ukulele Site and listen with some good headphones or speakers. If you like the sound of the Clara, you definitely won't be disappointed with a Farallon.

A few months ago, I was unsuccessful in selling one of these. I’m glad that I decided to keep mine. It sounds like my koa Kamaka and does not need to be humidified. I use the Mo’Bettah string set on mine.

What a great instrument this is. I have one with the side port and the sound is rich and, can I say, kinda woody? And the shocking thing when you play it for the first time is that you feel the sound under your fingers on the fretboard.

Top Bottom