Shipping
Included. Ships to CONUS only.
Size
Soprano

ookooleilei

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
So, since I'm not playing soprano scale much, if at all any more, I'm getting down to some difficult sales...

This one is an EXTREMELY resonant, lightly built soprano -- Black Bear ukuleles are amazing, I have had the opportunity to play and own three of them, and if you've ever played one, you know what I'm talking about. This is the most resonant of the three I've had. It's LOUD, and sounds great -- wonderful koa soprano tone.

I purchased this one from another ukulele forum, and it has definitely been played, has some play wear, including some shininess around the sound hole. Some typical bellying (common with very lightly built sopranos), and you can see a little space under the bridge on both rear corners, but they don't move - and because this is a string-through type bridge, it never concerned me that the bridge wasn't totally stable or in any danger of pulling up.

If you need LOW action, you'd probably need a little setup work to bring it down to where you like it, but I'm not fussy about that, and it plays great as far as I'm concerned. It measures 1 3/8" at the nut.

Really nice looking koa, beautiful inlay on the headstock and fingerboard, and it's very easy to play. Fast neck.

Once you pick it up, it's hard to put down. I just haven't been picking it up since I've taken to concert scale, so time for it to go to a new home where it will be played and enjoyed.

$625, shipped, to CONUS only. Ships in the slightly beat up/underwhelming hard case pictured, mostly for protection during shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_0344.jpeg
    IMG_0344.jpeg
    157.6 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 88
  • IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    248.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0341.jpeg
    IMG_0341.jpeg
    232.5 KB · Views: 86
  • IMG_0340.jpeg
    IMG_0340.jpeg
    169.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_0339.jpeg
    IMG_0339.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 98
  • IMG_0338.jpeg
    IMG_0338.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
What a beautiful instrument and stunning koa. I have never heard anything but raves for Duane's instruments. You don't see them for sale too often, but mostly because people hang onto them and cherish them (and the play the heck out of them!)

@richntacoma I know you are trying to thin your herd, but this one might be too good to pass up 😲

We should all put in 208 bucks and get it over to the PNW! 😂.. Then just pass it around. How cool with that be?!? Group buys on communal ukes!!!
ROFL....It actually is not a bad idea!!

Top Bottom