Song Help Request Bishaw's Method?

BigJackBrass

Charlatan, Humbug & Imitation Humorist
UU VIP
Reaction score
During my frequent hunts for sheet music I found this library entry:

Jealous [music] / words by Tommie Malie & Dick Finch ; music by Jack Little ; ukulele arrangement by P.P. McGrath using Bishaw's method​

Does anyone know what "Bishaw's method" might be? Nothing turned up in my searches.

Ah, that looks possible. I wondered whether it was a specific method for adapting piano music to chords for the ukulele, but it could indeed be the particular notation and conventions established in a certain tuition book. I'll have a read through. Thank you for that.

Edit: That led me to this :

The Albert transposing and chord chart for the ukulele [music] / by Henry A. Peelua Bishaw​

So it does look as though "Bishaw's Method" refers to the tuition book and transposing chart.

Last edited:
Ah, that looks possible. I wondered whether it was a specific method for adapting piano music to chords for the ukulele, but it could indeed be the particular notation and conventions established in a certain tuition book. I'll have a read through. Thank you for that.

Edit: That led me to this :

The Albert transposing and chord chart for the ukulele [music] / by Henry A. Peelua Bishaw​

So it does look as though "Bishaw's Method" refers to the tuition book and transposing chart.
Glad you found that useful! I had to flip search terms several times to get something useful.

Top Bottom